Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Please do.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:44 PM
Banned

So prob just swoop in, in a few weeks, then? Then cheese my way to 60 and wait for Trance Stick price to drop?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Banned

Castle every time he gets another elfchievement:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2020, 09:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
The "50+ accounts" was a comment from Khikik who, I don't believe, knows how many accounts there actually are. I can just say it's technically accurate because he kept the "+" in the statement, but not actually close to the number.

I'll have to show you all how it was done. ETA ~26 days
I know how many accounts you stated there was, but its your information that you choose to share with us, hence why I only gave a vague ballpark number. If you wish to share the exact number to the community then knock yourself out, personally I don't think it will look good in defense of your argument... But also I don't make decision's to change quest exp, that's way above me

I do find it somewhat funny at how wildly having tons of free accounts changes p99 meta vs classic. But then again technology is also much more advanced now to. like being able to log into the game and zones in seconds as opposed to minutes, this on top of the majority of players having prior knowledge also changes the landscape of the game quite significantly

That being said I do look forward to when the 1month is up and you can put out a video of going rapid fire to 1 - 60 I think it will be quite entertaining
Old 11-09-2020, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "50+ accounts" was a comment from Khikik who, I don't believe, knows how many accounts there actually are. I can just say it's technically accurate because he kept the "+" in the statement, but not actually close to the number.

I'll have to show you all how it was done. ETA ~26 days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I forgot to mention or ask about... Are you corpsing? Can't forget the 7 day timer and recorpsing shit on 50+ accounts either. That's a huge timesink. If you're not corpsing, I'd estimate ~113 accounts in play.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can just as easily do hundreds of free corpses, and yes, corpsing items is classic.

• Sleeper was not killed during the Velious era on any server, therefore the Sleeper on Green must be marked unkillable. We need to do this just in case some people find out how to kill him.
  • Deleveling to 1 with Velious raid gear from VP was not a a widespread thing in classic. Therefore, if anyone does it on Green, they should be banned, or be level locked so you cannot attempt it.
  • Selling COTH teleports with your mage COTH bot was not a common widespread thing in classic. We must disallow it.
  • Open, server-wide raids was not a common widespread thing in classic. We must disallow it. Sorry, a few times, doesn't count.
  • Guild mage bot armies at the very release of PoSky was not a common widespread thing in classic. We should have disallowed it.

I hope we can find more creative ideas to crush to make the server a generic uninteractive recreation of the average of all live servers during classic. Because... isn't that the goal?

Besides, it's not like 10-15 years after Sleeper was killed gamer magazines still wrote articles on how RZ killed him.

In an interview with Brad himself it's stated that the corpse recovery timer was originally 24 hour and "later" extended (maybe drop of Velious?) in the link,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XrbsBt34c

at 4:30 min to 6 min this issue was discussed at great length. If this server pushes for classic, why not make the rot timers correct for player deaths?

corpsing items wasnt classic, only made up by neckbeards on this server to justify cucking. Even Brad agreed it was a24 hour window to grab your corpse.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Also, nerfing quest exp didnt slow down people leveling. See following links:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Brazier_...ntal_Summoning

http://wiki.project1999.com/Red_Dragon_Tooth

http://wiki.project1999.com/White_Dragon_Tooth

Neck beard UNITE! Level 40 within a week Incoming! with a 50 "wife is playing" druid buffing the pet and Iksar, it will make leveling 1-50 a joke when green opened. Removing quest exp only hurt the little guys more than the super neckbeard.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

I am just honored a GM followed a normal thread turned RnF silly thread to Page 21. And I do appreciate you considered if I would be concerned about sharing info about my accounts that I shared with the GMs.

I will share all the details in due time. I had a video + lore backstory planned and all. Players are not only missing out on quest exp for 30 months, they're missing this fun thing I wanted to share with the community. I've been talking to a certain video maker for a few weeks to put something cool together. It's all on hold now.

I'll share exactly what I did, what items I collected, how many, how/where I stored them, and how I kept track of it all. I'll include any platinum and time spent, and include the overall strategy as well.

This wasn't something that was going to be done and kept hushhush. I planned to share it with everyone in detail.

People will soon see the amount of time, money, effort, and planning that goes into it.

This is why I am confident I will do the fastest 1-60 in P99 history, and believe this record will hold indefinitely. The resources it would take to make a competitive attempt, the risk of failing to beat the record, and the fact it's just one more elfchievement, I am confident no one will even try.

不到长城非好汉
Old 11-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager
If you're not corpsing, I'd estimate ~113 accounts in play.
50 is too few, 113 is too many.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

This is very sad and I'm sorry that you don't have more support in your life. Please, reach out for help.
Closed Thread