Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Kobold

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how getting rid of MQing "opens up content for more people." People aren't going to stop killing Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Faydedar, etc. just because they can't MQ epic items. If you want to experience the content, join a guild doing that content and get your epic.
What I mean by more content opening up is this. Without mqing, after you have experienced the content, gotten what you needed, it is far less likely you will especially camp it yourself or with a group of friends taking shifts. Not talking about raid mobs and large events. Do I think people will leave kael ok the future because they got their armor set and never return? No, of course not. There are other items there, you will want to help friends, or just xp etc etc. but if the profit motive is taken away from quested items, you may be less likely to permacamp one thing for profit and let others have a taste. Hell, the people permacamping may even be able to move on to new content themselves.
I get that things are competitive, and that's great, I'm just trying to play devils advocate here. I don't think the minority of most hardcore players should be the only opininion expressed. Hence the post. Then again, this is obviously a hot button issue that's not going to be solved. I just feel bad for the people who don't have as much time to invest and so are left out of not only late/end game content but also mid game experiences because they have become profitable, in a sense, due to an exploit.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Mqing for profit is just greedy and classic.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ooooooooh yea brother the macho man approves

the game would be better, thats what would happen. people couldnt hoard shit.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Kobold

If you start to think about changing that kind of things there is a lot to discuss.
Why only certain class get epics MQ? Why is some of the top tier gear dropable? Why is some of the top tier gear not dropable? Why can people KS the AC off me when they just take it to sell MQ? Why people have to fight on mob spawns? Why the fattest always get fatter?

Its EverQuest, SoE tried to fix it for 14 years and ended up with what's on live, maybe not for the best.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue of MQing for profit always seems to come up. Many people think that banning it would open up a lot of opportunities as many people are killing stuff just to MQ it. This might be true in some cases, but disabling MQing would have a lot of negative effects also.

First, people on this server would definitely end up just selling looting rights. This is even true for mobs that don't have a 100% chance to drop something. Look at how some guilds will sell looting rights to no-drop items from sky, demon fangs, etc.

Second, if MQing wasn't possible, a lot more times the items might just go to waste. Oh, you didn't have the right class who needed the right thing that dropped, well, I guess it rots. Now, guilds can loot it and MQ it to a guildy later.

I think that, in general, the benefits of MQ outweigh the drawbacks. However, it is certainly an important issue for the server that should be looked at when the impact of Velious on it becomes more apparent.

We already had this discussion.

A) Loot rights selling is far more natural than MQng. MQng is a synthetic method used as a cheap band aid to reduce the amount of loot rights activity. However people forget that loot rights is a player driven action that supports a player driven economy - which is one of the big selling points of old RPG games - or so says Brad McQuaid and all the neck beards whom also support EVE!

B) Who cares if it goes to waste? It's virtual. I'd much rather it go to waste, than watch NBG rules get ignored because technically everyone can use. Or the entire server turn into one big farm zone.

The glaring issue is how Rogean and crew actually envisioned MQ would turn out on P99. They should have known that everything is easier and faster and more simple to get fifteen years later, and thus MQ as a bandaid would not work.
I appreciate it's classic, but, MQ could disappear tomorrow an the server would be better off.
Last edited by Hollywood; 03-02-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow MQs, disable epic turn ins for sub 50s. Fixed yay. Let me sell the MQs to the really really really lazy suckers.
Yes.

Epic mobs should ridicule anyone under 50 while they beat them into the dirt.
Closed Thread