Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Kobold

Default help extracting new update

Hi all, ive been gone a few months. I see we have an update to install. For some reason my program i use to extract zip files to the everquest directory is not letting me do so. What programs do you use to extract the update files to your eq directory? Thanks so much.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

WinRar
Winzip
7-zip
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Kobold

Right, I just downloaded winrar and tried to extract. It won't let me do it, shows me an error message. I tried logging in, it said spell particles are out of date. Could I extract to desktop, manually drag and drop the spell files into the spells folder in my eq directory, and update it like that? I've never had an issue like this, it just won't let me complete the operation. Any help is very appreciated.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cries4hardcore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could I extract to desktop, manually drag and drop the spell files into the spells folder in my eq directory, and update it like that?.
Yes, you can do this
Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Yeah, cuz everytime I try to extract to my eq files it says access is denied... Which has never happened before.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Anyone know what's going on when it says access is denied? I am the sole user account on this computer. Is there a way that I can enable setting that will allow me to extract the files to the necessary folder? This is a bummer lol full day of trouble shooting. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

are you logged in as the admin on your pc?
If not, you need to be logged in as admin or logged in as a user with admin rights
Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Kobold

It's weird. There is only one user on my comp which should have administrative power. I got it working by manually dragging the files over . When I did it said admin approval required and let me enter my password to proceed. It wouldn't let me do that with winrar or other extraction tools. I don't get why it's happening I don't know how to fix the administrator access but I found a work around so I'm happy.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Kobold

I also got the denied access error (with Winrar), on the .dll which has never happened before. Had to do it manually, but no problem after that.
Fail 50 Wood Elf Ranger
Alleged 44 Troll Shadowknight
Denyed 35 Dark Elf Wizard
Downfall 32 Half Elf Bard
RED:
50 Enchanter
24 Wiz
24 Dru
19 Rog
Old 06-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cries4hardcore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird. There is only one user on my comp which should have administrative power. I got it working by manually dragging the files over . When I did it said admin approval required and let me enter my password to proceed. It wouldn't let me do that with winrar or other extraction tools. I don't get why it's happening I don't know how to fix the administrator access but I found a work around so I'm happy.
Ohhh I bet you have to run Winrar as admin too, it probably doesn't default to that.

Regardless, it's good to hear that you have it sorted out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]