Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 06:02 PM
Aviak

I’m certain these sorts of faction/race/class variables are implemented in p99 because no matter how hard an Iksar necro farms hobbit faction in runneye: they won’t chase a pvp fight with a hobbit who worships Karana into the cleric/Druid guild of rv.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:29 PM
Kobold

My iksar necro is max ally with hobbit clerics and druids. The faction modifiers on p99 are counted at character creation and can be overcome with personal faction work. It is my.understanding that this is not how they should work. They should be persistent and calculated always after your personal faction.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

Correct.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certain Factions have variables to adjust this based upon your race/class/diety. So let’s say you’re max +2000 with dark elves as a wood elf Druid of tunare. That de mob is of a faction whose variables considers you -900 for wood elf, another -900 for worshiping tunare. I’ve learned recently that a lot of the scripts are actually a part of the zone and the NPCs reference the zone, so that might be why your factions are off +/- 100 depending on your zone: someone fat fingered the faction variables or maybe the devs wanted one zone of giants to be more hostile then another since you’re closer to their king. No positive but this is my understanding.
This was released shortly after the live game updated their faction display. You can click a tab now there to show what your factions are like with the various groups, and they updated the game to remove some of the bloat (Factions like "Orc"). All the modifiers are there. Look at Legion of Cabilis for instance and how badly a Veeshan follower is screwed there. xD

I don't think P99 follows that system though. I remember early on an Innoruuk human had trouble in Neriak here, when in the live game even an Agnostic human had no trouble. Also, every faction I've set my mind to work on here would end up Ally level in the end, with even some of the combos like my Dark Elf Magician following Innoruuk being warmly with the guards in Kaladim. But I could be wrong. That theory could be tested by someone making a Half Elf Bard of Veeshan and working on Cabilis factions. I'd consider doing that if bards didn't scare the hell out of me.
Last edited by tadkins; 05-19-2021 at 03:00 AM..
Closed Thread