Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Banned

Don't troll a legitimate discussion because you're butthurt about losing a pvp server.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIsStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can lie about exploiting all you want to yourself but, no one is buying it but you and your guild.

The simple fact of the matter is that your guild ruined a fun server for hundreds of players through training, cheating, and creating an unsportsmanlike atmosphere devoid of legitimate competition.
1) Training -- IB/VD would agro CT everytime TMO would have larger numbers than them starting DT cycles constantly to try and slow TMO down. That was fun for everyone?

2) Cheating -- VD would memblur raid targets, even there own, which was/is a borken game mechanic

3) Unsportsmanlike atmosphere -- I believe it was IB whom forced the issue of variance b/c TMO rules lawyered them with things like FTE and 15 on the spawn. Cutting off your nose to spit your face just lead to TMO tracking every raid target, being able to respond to any raid target super quickly, and learning how to down raid targets without as much hassle as it seemed IB/VD went throu on those same targets.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

well because of playing the dh in d3 made me want to play my ranger, been on d3 a week with 23 hours logged and lvl 40, but the game sure gets tough after act 1 of nightmare
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that the server list reports clients logged in, not unique users. The other servers you mention permit a single user to log in multiple clients, this artificially inflating their numbers.

I do not see a need for temporary experience bonuses and don't understand why a player who enjoys classic-EQ would want them. I don't necessarily oppose the notion, but neither do I support it. Consider me neutral, but biased towards opposition. Suggestions like this, once implemented, have an annoying way of getting folks addicted to them and those folks end up begging for it more and more often.

The experience system will be changing at some point post-Velious, anyway, as class penalties are due to be removed and race penalties are due to become self-only. This will affect group leveling as those Bards and Paladins and Monks and whatnot won't be reducing their group's average anymore.

We had global OOC once, and it was a mess.

Instead of experience modifiers, I submit that the community has the best means of encouraging grouping during off-peak hours. Specific zones to head to need to be agreed upon, instead of spreading out the population across several different zones (If you're in the teens, you'll see a few people in Oasis, a few in Unrest, perhaps a few in Upper Guk, maybe a few in the plains, and lack of critical mass anywhere in particular to support reliable grouping.) Batkiller's suggestion about getting the word out to interested parties also bears merit.

Velious will spike the population strongly upward for a period of time, but it will not be a permanent fix. Expect, instead, a strong inital outpouring followed by a gradual drop-off. I figure the project operators expected as such.

Danth
Motherfuckin Danth :3 You livin the dream now? Lara doin better?
Closed Thread