Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Default For Account - Question

Let me start by saying I did my due diligence in trying to find as much info as possible in past threads about how to ensure the trading of account goes as smoothly and safely as possible.

What I want to know is, with Emu and Loginserver password, can someone acquiring account ensure that his new account will never be 'stolen' back? I'm getting close to engaging in a trade and just want to make sure I don't get ripped off. I'm always paranoid about this kind of stuff, and I know there is always some risk involved with trading of this nature.

Can someone explain how to safely trade for a new account? What information do I need, what do I need to change, and ultimately will I be safe or at risk for getting the account stolen back?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Aviak

After checking login sever to make sure info works, you or they need to log on eqemu and change password and contact email for eqemu, hit save. Then go to LSaccounts and change passord for the login server. That way if someone tries to do a lost password for eqemu it will get sent to the email that was just changed. There is no way to change login password if they cannot log onto eqemu.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Thanks, and so if I change EQ-Emu Email and then use Reset Password option by email (since it's now my email address)

I am safe?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Don't need to reset but you can. If you have current password you can change it when you change email in the UserCP.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Awesome, thank you Kwetcher. I feel a lot safer now that I'll be able to ensure the original owner doesn't take it back.

Thank you again
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Np, glad I could help.
Closed Thread