Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first of all, maybe my memory is a little hazy but I don't remember MQ sales being at the level they are at on this server on live. Your contention that it's "classic" is, in my opinion, incorrect because on classic, yes, people sold MQs, but not nearly to the extent that they do here.
I never contended "it's classic" because I draw a distinction between classic MECHANICS and classic EXPERIENCE. MQs are a classic mechanic. Selling MQs like people do on here is not a very classic experience. And like I said, staff seem to think that it is usually a better idea to have classic mechanics than to try their hand at custom mechanics in hopes of recreating a more classic experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so I'm guessing he really believes that back on live it was impossible to get your epic without buying it from TMO and no one ever got a pair of jboots who didn't pay for them
Again, you're not distinguishing classic mechanics from classic experience, and you need to because it is impossible to have both.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-02-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brought to you by someone on the server top 20 rich list? Yeahhh.
I wasn't always rich, and you definitely won't be able to find a quote of me complaining about someone else wanting to get rich themselves by, gasp, camping an item!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

For the record, I am into emergent gameplay. I think it's great when people are able to actually use the game and how it works to do things differently and solve problems in creative ways. This is the same reason I think nerfing low hp kiting was... something. Not "bad," not "unnecessary," just, "not in the spirit of what's cool about EQ." Personally, I think Chardok AE is a complete racket, totally unfair and completely counter to the kind of EQ I like to play, BUT I don't ask that it be taken away from people because guess what, that's EQ, and someone had to die a lot to figure it out and it paid off for them and I'm behind it. As long as it doesn't totally step on the toes of other people who are trying to play (I don't think it does.) Low HP got nerfed because people got greedy and were taking the whole zone and stepped on too many toes. That's fair.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never contended "it's classic" because I draw a distinction between classic MECHANICS and classic EXPERIENCE. MQs are a classic mechanic. Selling MQs like people do on here is not a very classic experience. And like I said, staff seem to think that it is usually a better idea to have classic mechanics than to try their hand at custom mechanics in hopes of recreating a more classic experience.

Again, you're not distinguishing classic mechanics from classic experience, and you need to because it is impossible to have both.

That's fair. I'll buy it.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

I mean as we speak I'm levelling a level 6 wizard on Red by pulling a shitload of green skeletons and AEing them down because I figured out the bone chips quest is better exp than killing mobs in my range. Am I hurting anyone? I'm not trying to- there seem to be plenty of mobs around for everyone else. Am I doing something that I think is pretty creative and not really "how people do it" most of the time? Yep, and it's working very well for me. This game is cool because it allows you to be creative. But don't dick other people over all day every day to do that.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean as we speak I'm levelling a level 6 wizard on Red by pulling a shitload of green skeletons and AEing them down because I figured out the bone chips quest is better exp than killing mobs in my range. Am I hurting anyone? I'm not trying to- there seem to be plenty of mobs around for everyone else. Am I doing something that I think is pretty creative and not really "how people do it" most of the time? Yep, and it's working very well for me. This game is cool because it allows you to be creative. But don't dick other people over all day every day to do that.
Leveling my 6 chanter on red by delivering mail to kelethin cause it's still faster than killing shit... lol.

WTB xp bonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

This argument that Chewie and everyone else is having about the exp bonus is really bumming me out. Having your EQ everything invested into a dead server must be so depressing.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

PS you should try this bone chips shit, I'm sure you can kill 4 skeletons faster than you can run a letter from kelethin to FP and that's half a yellow of exp at 6

Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how getting rid of MQing "opens up content for more people." People aren't going to stop killing Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Faydedar, etc. just because they can't MQ epic items. If you want to experience the content, join a guild doing that content and get your epic.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Allow MQs, disable epic turn ins for sub 50s. Fixed yay. Let me sell the MQs to the really really really lazy suckers.
Closed Thread