Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bet I could force a gamma setting in the client to make this happen. Maybe its something to look into.

H
if you could do this it would be great. i personally play mine at 10% and its not bad at all. i main a human too
Old 05-17-2014, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

I have my gamma at 10% also, on live as well.

Things I've noticed though: Clip plane here doesn't seem to go as far as live does. HATE the yellow fog in Toxx forest, don't remember that at all on live.

Because I like asking random questions: Why do NPC's walking by a closed door, but they are not going to path THROUGH the door, cause the door to open anyway?
Old 05-17-2014, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

turning off the lights

ghetto tactics involving using a piece of cardboard to cover up the bright ass chat box from the OG client so you can see better at night

shit can't possibly be any more classic
Old 05-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

+1 for haynar bringing back classic crap vision
Old 05-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Merely changing the gamma down to simulate dark nights would be non-classic and hence undesirable. The Titanium client doesn't simply correct gamma; rather it adds a sort of ultravision-style effect. This is noticeable because of the altered tint color of the screen. If you log on in an outdoor zone at night, often it'll take several game ticks before the client visibly switches this effect "on." In addition, that only occurs in outdoor zones; dark interior zones (such as Befallen) remain properly dark.

I wouldn't mind seeing the client's pseudo-ultravision effect removed, but I wouldn't want to see a forced gamma hack. Half-baked, non-classic implementations don't appeal to me at all.

Danth
Old 05-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

Please Haynar

I miss the scary darkness
Old 05-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have my gamma at 10% also, on live as well.

Things I've noticed though: Clip plane here doesn't seem to go as far as live does. HATE the yellow fog in Toxx forest, don't remember that at all on live.
It was. I leveled up several erudites, and it was definitely there. That was one of the big WTF?'s in Classic - make a race that can't see have a newbie zone that was damn near impenetrable.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Yup. That's why I deleted my Eru very quickly.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

would be awesome...

there is a reason why night vision races have exp penalties...make the human scum pay for their failure to pick a real race in a fantasy mmo.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

The first time I zoned into Toxx was in 2001 sometime. I don't know if it was removed by that time or I just didn't spend enough time there to remember it.

Possibly same thing on the clip plane - I had an emachines computer back then and I'm fairly sure it couldn't handle EQ's real clip plane so I got the shortened version. :P
Closed Thread