Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you hit level 4, your illusions make race irrelevant, but the stats remain important. Dark elves get slightly better int, but your cha will be 20 points lower. Dark elves get hide and ultravision, but enchanters get hide and Illusion: Dark Elf, so you can be invisible with infravision if you want.

By the stats, high-elf sounds best, but...

I went Teir'Dal (DE) because I love the feeling of getting one over on my enemies. I love to walk into Felwithe, a place where I am anathema to the inhabitants, without any of them suspecting. Also, CHA gear is cheap; you can often pick up a crude stein from some of the vendors in Oggok (while you are picking up the Stein of Moggok at level 8, something high elves cannot do until 12) for 7pp to gain an extra 15 cha.
I don't believe Illusion: Dark Elf gives the racial hide..
Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

invis is 5 sec cast time... ugh, this is soooo polarizing. would memblur fulfill the same role as hide/invis in charm soloing?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

Taper enchantment is a little quicker cast time and less mana.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

ooh good point. kudos!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
back on live with my HE enc, i did this quest about 20 times, became KOS in Qeynos, but made a lot of cash for a firstimer at lvl12. got accused of being twink all the time after buying up some fancy gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a DE, I did the quest at level 4 right up to the Freeport hand-in and came back at 8. Do not underestimate the difference those four levels can make.

Incidentally, I'm also running the quest on my rogue (I needed to visit Qeynos anyway, so why not grab the fish and tonic?) for a little extra cash. Illusions are not unique to enchanters...

Quote:
anywhoooo, hide for easier charm soloing, or 20 CHA bonus... decisions decisions... whats the INT diff between DE and HE?
It's 7 points; 102 vs. 109 if you check the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't believe Illusion: Dark Elf gives the racial hide..
It doesn't, but Invisibility is a level 4 spell. Yes, it fails faster than hide, but a non-rogue using hide is employing as much faith as strategy anyway. And as for using hide to break charm, 50 points of hide is not as effective as you might think.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's 7 points; 102 vs. 109 if you check the wiki
minmax for life. HE it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks all
Old 02-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
invis is 5 sec cast time... ugh, this is soooo polarizing. would memblur fulfill the same role as hide/invis in charm soloing?
forget hide and invis. invis takes too long to cast (and you need to target yourself) and hide can fail. The whole idea of charm solo'ing is to break your charm when your charmed pet is very low health, so failures on hide will mean your pet dying and no exp...or you'll have to be much more conservative and hit hide early to give yourself a chance to try again, which will mean spending more mana to finish off the mob.

you need a goblin gazughi ring. if you are charm solo'ing you can outfit your chanter with almost no money (for whatever reason, charisma items are very cheap and accessible). Buy a set of charisma gear and save up for a gazughi ring.

you can also camp it yourself at relatively low lvl if you would like to do it that way.

you won't be charming right from the time you enter the world...and you may find that you enjoy the enchanter grouping life once you start making friends.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you won't be charming right from the time you enter the world...and you may find that you enjoy the enchanter grouping life once you start making friends.
did on live, exclusively group player [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the goblin gaz ring only works on animals, flush that. how about the taper enchantment trick?
Last edited by unleashedd; 02-20-2015 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Fire Giant

invisibility of any kind including to animal or undead will break charm
Old 02-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

schooled! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread