Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Sarnak

im confused... now im thinking these actually have utility. i mean not for the sneaky halfling druid, but maybe for CB belts for evils, or OT hammer for goods?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks might inspire some ideas, but in short I doubt the illusion potions can do much for you in-game. There's a reason the staff uses them (and GM-cast illusions, when they are having a little fun responding to a /petition or something): they're safe/harmless.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Erudite ranger, lets go

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quest turn ins and bank access I guess
Old 10-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
basically the sole use is popping one to see how your guy looks in that illusion
I'm very curious how my Druid would look as a Dark Elf now that you mention it... resisting the urge to use that potion.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm very curious how my Druid would look as a Dark Elf now that you mention it... resisting the urge to use that potion.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do it.

You can thank me later.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do it.

You can thank me later.
I have to second this. Every time I use up a fun one-use thing in a MMOG, I get a moment of joy out of it. Sometimes it's fun enough to even make a memory.

That's nothing amazing, but it beats the alternative: every time I get a fun one-use thing and put it in the bank "to use later" ... later never comes, and the item rots without me getting any joy from it at all. If anything, it causes me annoyance (when it's bank-cleaning time).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Short answer is I think it could have minor utility, assuming they haven't created an alternate illusion form with no faction adjustment (IE, only visual). I don't think they have.

For the most part it's going to be similar to wolf form, but could give a little boost if you're the right race in the right place.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Short answer is I think it could have minor utility, assuming they haven't created an alternate illusion form with no faction adjustment (IE, only visual). I don't think they have.

For the most part it's going to be similar to wolf form, but could give a little boost if you're the right race in the right place.
Good point. I have a feeling I'd still be KOS in Neriak even after using the potion though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite ranger, lets go

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1, awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread