Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Default The Great Gnome Race - July 12th 10 PM EST

Greetings citizens of Green -

On Sunday, July 12th at 10 pm EST, Seal Team will be hosting a gnome race from the entrance of Ak'anon to the Fear portal in Feerrott. The winner of the race will be the first person to reach Cyndreela and be killed by her. In the event there is any sort of interference with Cyndreela, I will make an announcement as the gnomes begin entering Feerrott and you will instead need to hail me (Zurtalpus) to win.

The rules for the race are as follows:

1. You must be in PVP mode, buffless, naked, level 1.
2. You must take the boat from butcherblock to freeport.
3. You may not use abilities or attacks on other gnomes racing.

If you would like to spectate, or help judge the race please feel free to. Please do not change your higher level characters to PVP in an attempt to interfere in the race.

During the boatride from Butcherblock to Freeport we will be raffling off prizes. If you win a prize, please let one of the judges know which character you would like the item to go to and we will make sure it gets to them post race.

The top 3 finishers in the race will earn a complete multiquest of journeyman boots. Post race we will arrange a time for it to be completed. The ring, gold, the rapier and ports will all be provided to help you get the boots on any character.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I feel like this is Palabin's idea... is this Palabin's idea? Must be Palabin's idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2020, 09:59 PM
Aviak

This is not Palabin's idea. This is actually the second gnome race, the first one took place a couple months ago and was a Kingdom event, this one will be open to the entire server.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Been awhile since I’ve been in the tunnels to the fear portal but isn’t it basically impossible to get there without going through a Spectre (assuming no one is killing them). If so, kind of a poor choice for an ending point since it basically means the people leading the race get killed by the Spectres and the people right behind them (if any) get through
Old 06-30-2020, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

I'll be coming to this. Sounds fun lol
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 06-30-2020, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been awhile since I’ve been in the tunnels to the fear portal but isn’t it basically impossible to get there without going through a Spectre (assuming no one is killing them). If so, kind of a poor choice for an ending point since it basically means the people leading the race get killed by the Spectres and the people right behind them (if any) get through
Most times of day on green its impossible to run through them and find a spectre alive or un-engaged...if this were at 7 AM on a Monday it might be a problem but probably not by the time the gnomes arrived.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yes, death will come to many brave gnomes in the tunnels.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:40 AM
Large Rat

They're a final gauntlet to overcome. Maybe someone will kill them and you should power through to the goal... maybe they wont.. We'll see you on the other side!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, death will come to many brave gnomes in the tunnels.
Yeah like I said seems like a weird place to choose for the end of a race and kind of unfair at that. If you’re the Gnome that’s in first place (and therefore first to run past the Specs) you’re basically guaranteed to lose if no one has killed the Spectres. Seems nonsensical from a race perspective
Old 07-01-2020, 09:52 AM
Banned

oh boy can’t wait to log into my red flagged mace equipped naked cleric again parked in feerrott

C U R soOn
Closed Thread