Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For you maybe.. I just found out about P99 last spring... and have been waiting on a new TLP server for months...

I haven't seen Velious or Kunark in like 20 years... Green wasn't fun to play on because everything is camped and anytime you try to do anything it feels like you're fighting over a parking spot at the grocery store which escalates to the police being called every time. PNP grossly enables toxic players to ruin most of the zones in the game.

And Blue ... is Blue. The only thing that happens on this server is level 60s fighting over the same raid content. 1-59 is dead, and you don't even get to go to the old zones to experience nostalgia. No one levels in Sebilis, Kunark, Howling Stones etc. Everyone is in The Hole. It's like you're just grinding through The Hole as fast as you can get to 60 and fight over raid mobs that you don't even care about. That's the entire server because they don't really represent the nostalgia you're after.

So this TLP is super exciting for me.. I missed green launch... instanced content, and the fact that good loot can drop just about anywhere means that I'll probably get to finally be able to play the game and enjoy it. The P99 experience is very.... one dimensional. You aren't going to join a group in Lower Guk and camp SSOY or FBSS like you did 20 years ago. You're going to grind through CT and Sol B, and then sit around idle waiting for your guild's turn to raid.

I feel like with this TLP that every raid will get a fair shot at raid zones, and most players will be able to find a lucrative camp.
Yeah I feel you. Personally, I feel lucky to have caught Aradune at launch. It’s been a literal blast. I can’t begin to describe how nice it is to be on a set raid schedule. Fuck all that poopsocking, bag limits, self-imposed/staff-mandated rotations and feelscraft stuff. All I know is I’m logging in at least 3-4 times a week from depending on progression and raiding 8-12 EST and not worrying about open world spawns. It’s so nice.

Pumped for you to get your shot on Mischief. Classic is WILD on TLPs bro
Old 04-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Actually seems pretty cool but I don't see how people can play these TLPs over and over, at least this seems to have better timelines and a neat twist. Once you hit Velious EQ becomes 100% raiding and that's where the game breaks down IMO. Hard pass for me but would probably be fun if you haven't been playing EQ in a while.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-27-2021, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

In a way, it’s the same thing as playing P99 indefinitely is it not? Every single player currently on Green is going to roll the next fresh after it’s assimilated into Blue. Same thing as TLPs just more spread out.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:53 AM
Banned

you live people make me sick
Old 04-27-2021, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live live is gross, but no less disgusting than endgame raiding here LOL
Old 04-27-2021, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live live is gross, but no less disgusting than endgame raiding here LOL
end game here makes me question my lifestyle for sure
Old 04-27-2021, 01:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twinking a level 1 on FV to 1500 hp then not even playing it is the most EQ has to offer
Old 04-27-2021, 02:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh my god.. I didn't think about getting a random manastone off of a mob in permafrost..

evil eye is a low level mob. that would be insane.
Sadly Manastone hasnt been in game on any TLP
Old 04-27-2021, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly Manastone hasnt been in game on any TLP
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Whenever I started on P99 Manastone was removed from the game like a week later... and literally every single person in my group had a Manastone. I remember thinking "man, this sure ain't classic!!!" because 20 years ago a lot of servers released after the Manastone was removed from the game... so like seeing all of these level 25 characters running around with one felt really weird, and non-classic... flash forward a couple of months later though and I never really saw them anymore.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This will be insane, fam. I'm trying to imagine doing Fire Giants and seeing a Cloak of Flames drop, or being in the Plane of Hate and have a PoSKY Haste belt drop... like god dang, this will make the game so much more exciting to play.
Best part about the new TLP is you’ll stop spamming the P99 boards while you no life it
Closed Thread