Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

if charm resisted more intitially and on re-charm even with tash so it took 2-3 casts like a base 100 MR penalty to charm i'd feel better even tho its not coded on the live spell data, it probaly was hardcoded in the client or back end server side for a base 50% chance resist lol on initial charm (not charm break)
Old 05-09-2021, 03:50 PM
Aviak

It's true charm was not a thing in era. That said, it should have been and I consider the current setup to be more appropriate.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's true charm was not a thing in era. That said, it should have been and I consider the current setup to be more appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if charm resisted more intitially and on re-charm even with tash so it took 2-3 casts like a base 100 MR penalty to charm i'd feel better even tho its not coded on the live spell data, it probaly was hardcoded in the client or back end server side for a base 50% chance resist lol on initial charm (not charm break)
brad would have wanted it this way
Old 05-09-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

it probably had a 50% hardcoded resist chance in the client cuz thats how they did things
Old 05-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I never saw a bard swarm until PoP either, but I chalk it up to so many people being on broadband with shitty computers playing on inconsistent unreliable game servers as much as anything. Everyone was too risk averse to try high risk/high reward strategies rather than go the safe and slower ways.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:56 PM
Banned

Yeah or either overlvld and overgeared by an expansion. Then strats like this came into play.

First time I saw druids n bards kiting WW was @ 65 FWiW.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

I played enchanter to level 12 on rallos zek, anc can confirm that you could charm a person long enough for him to kill his whole group, or his group to kill him, before they nerfed charm in PVP.

So if it worked for that I bet it worked pretty good PVE
Old 05-09-2021, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played enchanter to level 12 on rallos zek, anc can confirm that you could charm a person long enough for him to kill his whole group, or his group to kill him, before they nerfed charm in PVP.

And no fungi twinked halfling warriors appeared to pell ur charm n shield bash ur gates.

Hard 2 believe.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do think the zeks had the highest concentration of high-G skilla gameplay
Old 05-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think the zeks had the highest concentration of high-G skilla gameplay
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://gifer.com/en/OOmF
Closed Thread