Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Banned

it mahy not have been that edit, it's probably a table tag in one of the billion mob descriptions listed for the permafrost category, or a broken </
Old 05-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Banned

it was definatley working quite awhile ago
Old 05-18-2021, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm the edit for the zone tables on the perma page happened last year

https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...8&oldid=279541

also it looks like someone was trying to fix the tables by adding [[Category:Loc Mapped]] so not sure how long these tables have been broken

don't see any other relevant edits
Yeah, it couldn't have been that; it's probably something in one of the related pages ... ie. a page with a Category:Permafrost.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned

i have a sub to allakahzam which is mostly good so it's not hurting me but i do care about the community and hope ya'll can get it worked out so newbies here don't suffer uneccissarily

I wish i had the technical expertise to look at the individual edit's on each page and do a ctrl F for whatever code that is possibly screwin it
Old 05-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a sub to allakahzam which is mostly good so it's not hurting me but i do care about the community and hope ya'll can get it worked out so newbies here don't suffer uneccissarily

I wish i had the technical expertise to look at the individual edit's on each page and do a ctrl F for whatever code that is possibly screwin it
i used2 but the meds reaslly fucked tht up (
Old 05-18-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

If the issue was caused by a mob, I suspect that the other entries would display until they got to that mob then they would be blank or malformed. Unless the first mob pulled in was the problem...
Old 05-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

January 27th last archived version was working ok

https://web.archive.org/web/20210127...com/Permafrost
Old 05-18-2021, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
January 27th last archived version was working ok

https://web.archive.org/web/20210127...com/Permafrost
You've reduced a needle in several haystacks down to a needle in one (large) haystack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But still, the core problem is that all we know is sometime between January 27th and now, someone changed one of the 84 pages in https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Permafrost, in a way that cheesed off the wiki's custom PHP code.

Without Ravhin's assistance (as he can presumably check the error logs to find the offending page) this will be difficult to track down: essentially someone would have to click through the history of all 84 pages, checking every entry for anything "funny-looking".

If that didn't work, they'd have to try reverting every change (up to Jan 27) on like half the pages, then wait a day or two (the wiki code doesn't update things instantly, but like every night or something). if that fixes things, you could restore half of the changed pages, wait, see if things break, etc.

Not a fun process.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Revision history of "Runed Circlet"

(cur | prev) 17:59, 23 April 2021‎ Garthin (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (1,103 bytes) (+18)

get him!
Old 05-18-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Revision history of "Runed Circlet"

(cur | prev) 17:59, 23 April 2021‎ Garthin (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (1,103 bytes) (+18)

get him!
LOL that commit was unnecessary (Runed Circlet is already in the "Fashion: Chain" category) ... but I don't think it's to blame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread