Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 07:50 AM
Skeleton

Default Returning War Threat Weap Acquisition

Hello, just got everything set back up and considering a return to playing my lvl 58 War on the Blue server. Upon my semi-retirement 3 years ago I gave up most of my stuff (nothing crazy) and am returning to a weaponless and undergeared Warrior.

I think if I can actually sell what I have my budget is ~15k, can I get a decent combination of threat weaps and walk back into Seb? If so, what two should I look for at that combined price point?

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Skeleton

Answering my own question maybe, and posing another. Looks like Frostbringer and WESS (which i think is what I had before) is affordable. Is their anything other than these two I should aim for?

Also, no clue what I had equipped before but I def remember having a lot more Dex. Any suggestions on affordable pieces that boost Dex that I should aim for since I'll have some leftover PP?
Old 05-20-2021, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Wess/frostbringer and full crusty. Fill the rest with decent jewelry and the best haste you can find.

Everyone groups in hole now btw since they changed the zems
Old 05-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wess/frostbringer and full crusty. Fill the rest with decent jewelry and the best haste you can find.

+1
Old 05-20-2021, 10:31 AM
Skeleton

I believe that those 2 weaps were what I had beforehand and wiki has em listed as pretty cheap. What would next upgrade look like after those two?

I have a few pieces of gear left over, but def need to find some DEX to help with procs. Does the Crusty having negative DEX stats hurt massively?
Old 05-20-2021, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been grouping with a warrior in The Hole with more or less this set-up, and he tanks just fine.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:06 PM
Skeleton

I sat in tunnel for essentially 24 hours, haven't seen either a Frostbringer or WESS smh

Never done anything with the Hole though. I'll have to look at what needs to be done to get access.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'd also recommend picking up an infestation if possible. If you are in a guild that does vilefang it should be super easy, and even if not they rot a lot or loot rights should be cheap to buy. It is a very good agro weap, and with a frostbring in the offhand that should be a solid combo.

And as mentioned The Hole is the zone now for leveling. Seb is basically empty unless you bring your own group.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

FB mainhand is hard to beat for the ease (if you don’t get an infestation). Frankly I don’t like the WESS. It’s about the same ratio as a Sarnak Warhammer but the stun on that occasionally lands. Same aggro but possible upside. Plus those are like 500p.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FB mainhand is hard to beat for the ease (if you don’t get an infestation). Frankly I don’t like the WESS. It’s about the same ratio as a Sarnak Warhammer but the stun on that occasionally lands. Same aggro but possible upside. Plus those are like 500p.
But it’s ugly
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Closed Thread