Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default admins are too controlling on this forum

I am seeing many people banned, threads being closed, all because admins dont like particular topics or dialogue.

Tis sad, because "off topic" used to be a hodgepodge of differing ideas and people. Now people must fear the banhammer simply for stating an opinion that runs contrary to some admins personal political beliefs. I.E. I was banned permanently for having a Trump Avatar, though luckily my appeal to Nilgbog got my account reinstated.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:48 AM
Banned

Hmmm I’ve posted lots and lots of right wing topics and images and haven’t been banned

I think your ban may have been for something other than the avatar, only because I would have been banned with you had it been for that
Old 05-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Banned

just don't threaten to kill ppl or overthrow gthe government, everytime i did is when i got banned

or attack or put ppl down like personally/individually for being gay or straight or w/e

i think race/sex/religion (unless muslim) is just kinda forbidden, bet u could get banned if u went hard on the paint against Allah too. Tho we've straight up had muslim posters on this board praising him and quoting the kuran (tho not attacking other people).

Just be careful with phrasing.

So i think all and all the mods are pretty forgiving/disinterested in peoples individual beliefs/issues.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

This is one of the more open-ended forums I utilize. The moderators here show a great deal of patience, much more than I would if I were managing the place. My experience here is they'll tolerate just about any viewpoint so long as its presented with at least a minimal level of respect.

Danth
Old 05-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Banned

yeah i think were they draw the line is when u say some grp of ppl should die or that u want to kill them

but u can say soandso/x group is dangerous or causing problems etc
Old 05-22-2021, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just don't threaten to kill ppl or overthrow gthe government, everytime i did is when i got banned
Lol ya’ll threaten to kill each other often? I offered to fight a poster who called me a pussy and was fine, although I specified that we do it in a boxing ring in a public place
Old 05-22-2021, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

A bunch of the Trumpers got banned for supporting the insurrection before it failed spectacularly.

OP thinks this was unfair.

move to resolved.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of the Trumpers got banned for supporting the insurrection before it failed spectacularly.

OP thinks this was unfair.

move to resolved.
It was a confusing time. I remember watching it happen live while surfing the conservative communities I do, and about 30% of the members were saying things like “F yea! Taking back our country!” And another 50% were just sitting in stunned silence, and I was part of the 20% saying “this is bad. This is really bad. This makes us no better than the BLM rioters”

Shortly after (next day) the site got shut down by its host for supporting the act, even though it was just a vocal minority of people doing it....was sad
Old 05-22-2021, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Wow go figure, GM's that sit at home all fucking day are libtard fascists. Can't wait to donate to keep your basic income coming in.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:23 PM
Banned

No. The admins are very cool and very patient with us. People say some terrible things here, myself included. Ive told people to do some bad things here. Things I should not have said and they were merciful. I wasnt doing it out of a place of really wanting them to do it but these people liked to pick on people, so I picked on them to show em how it feels to be attacked for something they can not control. I was told to shut up and stop, so I did.
Closed Thread