Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were 14 when I started
thats a pretty good bump i imagine the base krono is about 10k on a brand new server lol, why anyone would sell that low baffles me

i reckon any kronos on Aradune will be hitting the 30k mark in a few months
Old 05-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Banned

They started about 2k for a krono on aradune. They fall like halfway through an xpac and go up right before a new server or xpac
Old 05-25-2021, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think Krono is digital currency on a server?

Does this mean that on new live servers the actual point of the game is to do what people do to make this server shit? Like just suicide rush and shitsock on all worthy camps to make money in real life?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Krono is digital currency on a server?

Does this mean that on new live servers the actual point of the game is to do what people do to make this server shit? Like just suicide rush and shitsock on all worthy camps to make money in real life?
Really hardcore junkies farm krono to trade for high end items and run boxes on live so they can power lvl alts and do group content.

I suspect the majority of krono is traded on Firiona Vie. Ironic. Sadly krono is account wide and the worst offenders trade it to accounts they won't risk getting banned.

If krono was only server wide and botting was cracked down on more people would be in better shape. That said all krono in circulation came directly from cash purchases on daybreak. At some point the market contracts and krono increases in value making it profitable for people to buy off the market or from daybreak to use as a source of plat or directly for items.

Most current content is instanced anyways so krono only has limited use and basically replaces the cost of a subscription.

It's really only problematic around new server launches and in some old world zones and old servers where people are botting gated content for achievements. None of that is really necessary to reach 115 tho.

I guess it only really matters to about a 3rd of the pop. The rest of us still are cool and normal and don't need krono or items and achievements.

It's going to be moderately inconvenient on mischief and thornblade for a few months.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:26 PM
Banned

krono is why i quit my tlp
Old 05-25-2021, 07:32 PM
Banned

I see less bitching about botting on Aradune general chat. So I imagine things will remain fine for awhile anyway there. Dunno. Im not high enough or heavily invested in high end velious-pop content. So I can't honestly tell u how it's going to work out.

Hopefully Aradune remains well policed. So it's only ever a moderate inconvenience.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:53 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure daybreak doesn't buy back krono. Either. So you can't really make money from it unless you RMT it with a 3rd party which is technically against the rules. Same old problems as before.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure daybreak doesn't buy back krono. Either. So you can't really make money from it unless you RMT it with a 3rd party which is technically against the rules. Same old problems as before.
Are you really this naive??
Old 05-25-2021, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://ectunnel.com/community/forums/everquest-krono/

There are a lot of people who make $500-$1,000 a week selling Krono... people aren’t running 6 boxes to farm Kronos so they get free game time...
Old 05-25-2021, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

RnF has become “TLP Discussion” forum lol

Why wouldn’t you post these threads on the TLP boards?
Closed Thread