Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

15$ a month?
is it a pay to win?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can newbs play there as well?
My experience with EQ ends with velious and I am still a newb in those eras.
I feel like people who know the game will camp shit 1 expack in advance and I will never be able to catch up.

Also, wouldn't a pack of druids be a better option because it's basically same as wizard but you can then have a powerlevel crew?
I would say that TLP is much more "noob" friendly... there are certain classes I would steer away from in classic.. I wouldn't recommend playing a Rogue for instance.
Banned

Bard AOE not a thing there?
Old 05-26-2021, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
15$ a month?
is it a pay to win?
You can farm enough money within the first month to play for free, but completely unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard AOE not a thing there?
Nay. Apparently Bard Charm Kiting is the meta.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say that TLP is much more "noob" friendly... there are certain classes I would steer away from in classic.. I wouldn't recommend playing a Rogue for instance.
Look, I have only weak classes like ranger, warrior and rogue here.

I'd like to try some power tho i wouldn't know what to do with it.

What class should I aim for then?
Old 05-26-2021, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Look, I have only weak classes like ranger, warrior and rogue here.

I'd like to try some power tho i wouldn't know what to do with it.

What class should I aim for then?
I'm not telling you how to live your life, but all of the classes are different. Monks' bare fists are basically the best weapons in the game until late Luclin. Rangers are considered viable tanks for exp groups... Rogue kind of suck until 3rd or 4th expac.

Think most melees will be kind of rough until gear floods the market, just like P99 green was at launch..
Old 05-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not asking you to tell me how to live my life, but I am telling you that I never playeed live and don't know what to expect so this sort of comment is appreciated because look, on p9, rogues are viable and liked and rangers, not so much so that's a difference I wouldn't know about at all!

That's the sort of info I am looking for.
Also, do I need to download the game from the website to play?
Is this going to mess up the p99?

So many questions.
mentioned something like I was a newb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

mage, wiz, necro, ench, shm, druid if u want the option to solo with less downtime, and u wiill always be desired in any exp grp
Old 05-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Banned

I see u as eventually being a paladin one day tho but they have the lowest dps aside from clerics and are about 50/50 vs clerics on farming mobs as clerics can AoE, but paladins can kill named with clickies in later expacs... so IDK!!!

i mean it sounds like u want a more social class so i would say shm, druid, bard, or ench
Old 05-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes and no right?

i mean launch day may be the best time ever to play a rogue. harder to find groups than say an enc but the groups are literally everywhere

and you get loaded up with raid loot as a rogue since everyone feels the same way about them

but then ofc, you'll still be about as powerful as a classic rog... but a fun journey if you like the class
Closed Thread