Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default Does anyone here have a lvl 115 main?

I'm seriously invested in this goal, but am approaching it casually, I don't have a lot of time to play and right now I'm pretty much unable, but I'm hoping that in around 3 or 4 months time I can get my wizard at max lvl on bertox.

Got any good everquest stories about your journies to 115?
Old 05-31-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Can't you just buy an "upgrade" to level 115 or something?

-Mcoy
Old 05-31-2021, 03:11 PM
Banned

no
Old 05-31-2021, 04:01 PM
Banned

Best u can do is 85 which is pretty good because it enables u to get exp and power levels from your alts or pals. Or molo to about 110 on a gold account with a good merc, and aas.
Old 05-31-2021, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Last time I tried to get back into EQ on the live servers I was so lost and unable to figure out where to go. Ended up going to Sebilis on my SK and bullied some frogloks with my greenmist.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Wondering why this interests you? Isn’t eq live terrible? I know when I scoped it out a few years back my lvl 85 had so many abilities I didn’t know wtf half of them did. It was like button spam city. What’s the intrigue?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-31-2021, 08:50 PM
Banned

Honestly it doesn't seem any worse than wow at this point.

I guess a lot of abilities are just situational or convenience related. Or obsolete. I've been studying up on wizarding at high levels and it looks like it's pretty straightforward.

My holy priest in wow is a mess of hotbuttons. Some which are really important but very situational.

I think two hotbars and a spell bar are likely sufficient for most. Literally not any worse than playing a warrior or hybrids fully decked out in clickies here.

90% of the rest, like the extended target window can safely be ignored but is occasionally nice and has a built-in threat overlay. I would say that the plethora of items would/ could be a boon / obstacles to theory crafters, or BIS item hunters, but I'm pretty sure with group gear and some effort managing burn / sustain on my wizard I could very easily fall squarely in the middle of the pack DPS wise and be a boon to most raid forces.

I suppose my mindset has changed a lot from playing a lot of wow. RecondoJoe is right, p99ers aren't really competitive gamers pushing the envelope and the stagnant and unchanging nature of classic suits them.

Besides, I want to wander Arx Mentis, and Degmar, the Lost Castle. I'm a conisuuer of level design, not really interested in BIS ntov loot for 50 alts so I can "shit on the newbs".
Closed Thread