Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't ever remember root canceling out snare. If anything it was a brief bug from classic live and it should be removed from P99 because of that.
If you want to argue this in the bug forums, have at it. It's already had extensive research and patch notes/etc corroborate this.

I personally remember root overriding snare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, as someone else has already pointed out, resists went through some changes recently. For a while, resists were decidely too high. After a period of readjustment we have reached a stage where things are acceptable. I would think twice before asking devs to do more work on this because it is apparently easy to throw it out of whack.

In comparison to live, I believe the following statements sum things up:
* In general, resists are similar, but not quite the same as they were on live.
* The levels lower than 40 seem to be harsher than those higher than 40.
* Low full blue mobs probably resist less than you would expect.
* High full blue mobs, white mobs and yellow mobs will probably resist more than you would expect.
* The RNG can definitely deal you a string of resists. This is "classic" behavior but it seems more pronounced than it was on live.
* Except for Druid roots (because of the damage component probably), roots in general seem to hold a bit better than they did on live.
This summary is exactly what I would expect out of the current resist system. It was more of a band-aid to make a bad formula tolerable. If you're having trouble with frequent resists, try mobs a level or two lower.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't ever remember root canceling out snare. If anything it was a brief bug from classic live and it should be removed from P99 because of that.
Find evidence and submit a bug report and it will be fixed. If you can't find any evidence, maybe your memory is failing you. The devs don't make changes willy-nilly or just to piss you off; they make changes for good reason. Nerfs aren't random.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fighting mobs 3 lvls lower than myself and just had two of them resist me 4 times in a row on snare and fear. Pretty awesome stuff.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Fighting mobs 3 lvls lower than myself and just had two of them resist me 4 times in a row on snare and fear. Pretty awesome stuff.
Note that Fear and Snare are really the *only* two spells you can potentially use that have a MR check. Both are horribly mana inefficient, and tbh the darkness line is probably the only spell you'll ever cast as a necro and go "wow look i had a spell resisted!".

Pet and pact tank stuff. Root/Rot stuff. It may sound crazy, but duoing with another pet class or someone who can cast snare it remarkably efficient and a much safer experience than stubbornly trying to fear kite your way to 60.

Fear / Kiting on a necro is kind of like root/nuking on an enchanter. You'll eventually meet your goals, but spamming MR-based spells to the point you have to med like a wizard after each fight, in an outdoor ZEM-free zone, is just not a recipe for success.

Bonus points if you're sitting down for long med breaks next to a druid who's b*tching to you about how much of a pain soloing is, and it never dawns on either of you to actually click 'invite' and/or 'follow'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that Fear and Snare are really the *only* two spells you can potentially use that have a MR check. Both are horribly mana inefficient, and tbh the darkness line is probably the only spell you'll ever cast as a necro and go "wow look i had a spell resisted!".

Pet and pact tank stuff. Root/Rot stuff. It may sound crazy, but duoing with another pet class or someone who can cast snare it remarkably efficient and a much safer experience than stubbornly trying to fear kite your way to 60.

Fear / Kiting on a necro is kind of like root/nuking on an enchanter. You'll eventually meet your goals, but spamming MR-based spells to the point you have to med like a wizard after each fight, in an outdoor ZEM-free zone, is just not a recipe for success.

Bonus points if you're sitting down for long med breaks next to a druid who's b*tching to you about how much of a pain soloing is, and it never dawns on either of you to actually click 'invite' and/or 'follow'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're using dooming/invoke, resist strings should not drain your mana.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using dooming/invoke, resist strings should not drain your mana.
Good catch, forgot to add that casting anything above dooming, ever, is a complete waste of time and resources hehe.

Probably the biggest problem young necros have is leaning on the crutch of fear kiting *and* soloing. And their targets are usually Spectres, hill giants, town guards, kunark mobs, etc...

Which is precisely the highest possible blue cons, the heaviest hitting mobs, and the mobs with the most hit points. The mobs that will both resist the most often and, in consequence, since they hit amazingly hard, will punish both snare and feign resists the most lethally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

Resists are still VERY MUCH abnormally high. It's been a real damn drag. This coupled with the new mysterious 28-damage cap from 10-20 makes leveling anything from 1-20 really freaking difficult at the moment. Which is the biggest shame, because people who are even EXPECTING a rough classic experience will come here and find it WAY TOO HARD, then go play something else.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resists are still VERY MUCH abnormally high. It's been a real damn drag. This coupled with the new mysterious 28-damage cap from 10-20 makes leveling anything from 1-20 really freaking difficult at the moment. Which is the biggest shame, because people who are even EXPECTING a rough classic experience will come here and find it WAY TOO HARD, then go play something else.
The 28 damage cap for 10-20 is classic from what I remember, and that was back in the day with an Axe of the Iron Back on a Warrior, during the Kunark era.

Only links I can find to support it are from 2003 and 2004, though, which I suspect will just get me flamed for sharing. >.>
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...hp/t-4580.html
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...topic_id=28142
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 28 damage cap for 10-20 is classic from what I remember, and that was back in the day with an Axe of the Iron Back on a Warrior, during the Kunark era.

Only links I can find to support it are from 2003 and 2004, though, which I suspect will just get me flamed for sharing. >.>
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...hp/t-4580.html
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...topic_id=28142
You're wrong, it was 31.
Closed Thread