Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Orc

Default XP bonus

I know that usually asking for this type of thing is frowned upon but I would like to make a suggestion. Lately (I'm assuming its because of D3) server population has been pretty dismal. Maybe a little xp bonus would be a nice incentive to bring some people back from Diablo 3. Nothing huge, like 25% or something but i think it would help out a lot. I love this server but like i said its been pretty empty lately. I know we had a bonus when Sony servers went down and for christmas, one right now would hopefully bring back some of the population. Just a thought, happy hunting!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Aviak

We could probably do a 900% XP bonus and we wouldn't see much change. Diablo has been out for 10 days, give it some time...most people are just beating the first difficulty or two (depending on whether they are employed or not). 13 years later we are all still coming back to play this game on an emulated server, so there is no need to rent that van, stock up on candy, and try to lure people in just yet.

Besides, it sets a bad precedent. We'll have some other major games coming out soon too, I don't really want to ratchet up the XP every time some of the population wants to take a break. Think of this as the perfect time to try out some of those contested camps that you could never seem to get before.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We could probably do a 900% XP bonus and we wouldn't see much change. Diablo has been out for 10 days, give it some time...most people are just beating the first difficulty or two (depending on whether they are employed or not). 13 years later we are all still coming back to play this game on an emulated server, so there is no need to rent that van, stock up on candy, and try to lure people in just yet.

Besides, it sets a bad precedent. We'll have some other major games coming out soon too, I don't really want to ratchet up the XP every time some of the population wants to take a break. Think of this as the perfect time to try out some of those contested camps that you could never seem to get before.
What he said, trust me they will be back. D3 does not have much meaningful replayability.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Orc

Yea that sounds good to me. I'll just wait it out, I guess I'm just hating on all the people with D3 and I can't afford it =(
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Ur not missing much man, its good for a couple days but thats about it.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ur not missing much man, its good for a couple days but thats about it.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Heh, server pop has been on a steady decline with eqmac/D3.. And I wouldn't expect to see it change anytime soon. Least until velious.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

It has very little to do with D3/Summer and more to do with locked down content and lack of raiding/competition.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

lol raiding content.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

yeah, this is unlikely to change before velious comes out.

time to enable global /ooc again? population numbers are pretty dismal, specially during off hours
Closed Thread