Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

There are also some lame bugs keeping players from starting new characters on this server which is not helping the population. Fixes are pending for the next patch but they wait 2 months or so to release the patch for whatever reason. Kinda silly to wait that long to fix things when the server population is really suffering.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Orc

Global /ooc would be really useful, but have it enable on a trigger when the population count falls to a certain number so it would still be useful but not annoying(if 300+ players had access to global chat, it could get pretty obnoxious).

I seem to remember there being player creatable chat channels as well, when was that feature implemented?
Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to remember there being player creatable chat channels as well, when was that feature implemented?
Post-Velious and so it will never be implemented here.

Add 1 more for xp bonus. Nothing wrong with hitting your most dedicated players with a little present every now and then.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
population numbers are pretty dismal, specially during off hours
I often play during off hours because I am in Europe, and often the P99 server is the second lowest population server in the list, below that Grand creation and Hidden Forest or whatever its called. The lowest being P99 red.

Kinda sad to see. Besides some little boosts or whatever, I think it might be a good idea to do a player drive to find new people. Get everyone involved and have everyone post about the server and how much they love it, on various websites. Maybe there could be a reward for whoever brings in the most people or something. Or just encourage everyone to do it for the sake of the server.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I often play during off hours because I am in Europe, and often the P99 server is the second lowest population server in the list, below that Grand creation and Hidden Forest or whatever its called. The lowest being P99 red.
Keep in mind that the server list reports clients logged in, not unique users. The other servers you mention permit a single user to log in multiple clients, this artificially inflating their numbers.

I do not see a need for temporary experience bonuses and don't understand why a player who enjoys classic-EQ would want them. I don't necessarily oppose the notion, but neither do I support it. Consider me neutral, but biased towards opposition. Suggestions like this, once implemented, have an annoying way of getting folks addicted to them and those folks end up begging for it more and more often.

The experience system will be changing at some point post-Velious, anyway, as class penalties are due to be removed and race penalties are due to become self-only. This will affect group leveling as those Bards and Paladins and Monks and whatnot won't be reducing their group's average anymore.

We had global OOC once, and it was a mess.

Instead of experience modifiers, I submit that the community has the best means of encouraging grouping during off-peak hours. Specific zones to head to need to be agreed upon, instead of spreading out the population across several different zones (If you're in the teens, you'll see a few people in Oasis, a few in Unrest, perhaps a few in Upper Guk, maybe a few in the plains, and lack of critical mass anywhere in particular to support reliable grouping.) Batkiller's suggestion about getting the word out to interested parties also bears merit.

Velious will spike the population strongly upward for a period of time, but it will not be a permanent fix. Expect, instead, a strong inital outpouring followed by a gradual drop-off. I figure the project operators expected as such.

Danth
Old 05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Kobold

At this rate there won't be anyone left for velious to come out for. With a couple of major games coming out. A general lack of info on velious progress and not to much is heard from gms ( unless I am just missing something)

I hate to see this kind of decrease
---
Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

I haven't logged into p1999 in over a year. the past few months i've been trying to decide which game i'm going to spend my time on, and settled for diablo 3. needless to say...its only been out 2 weeks and I'm sick of it. It really doesn't live up to diablo 2 IMO. So I decided to come back to p1999, just installed and logged in. =]

ps: I'm a lvl 35 monk looking for a guild or some people to play with since I know no one now
Old 05-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Kobold

FoH would be a great place to post, it's such a busy place. I think that might be where I heard about the game too. I would post but sadly they require you to pay for a membership these days, and there is no way in hell I would pay to post on that cesspool :P But if someone already has an account there, then keeping the P99 thread alive would be good. It's not even on the main page anymore.

It would be nice if people talked about the positive things on there. The only time I saw a flurry of discussion was when people were going ape about the server's corruption, which from my newbies point of view at least, is nowhere to be seen. Not saying it doesn't exist... I'm just saying that for the more casual people like me who don't care about big guild drama, I can log in and play good ole EQ like the good old days, and have a lot of fun.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specific zones to head to need to be agreed upon, instead of spreading out the population across several different zones (If you're in the teens, you'll see a few people in Oasis, a few in Unrest, perhaps a few in Upper Guk, maybe a few in the plains, and lack of critical mass anywhere in particular to support reliable grouping.)

Danth

^^^ +1
Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

With the server population as low as it currently is, an xp bonus weekend of 50% + would cause only good things for the server. It is summer.....I'd rather be outside than logged into EQ, but if there was a bonus weekend I would make time to do some grinding, maybe even a binge one night. And since I've been on a break for a few months, it might be just enough time for the that sweet sweet xp to getting my veins. And once its in my veins its no long just a want, its a need.
Closed Thread