Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Orc

Ya know I was thinking about it and I do remember getting an exp bonus for Christmas and while the Sony servers were down. I think something like that again would really help out
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

There is no long term answer to keeping this server alive. It is doomed to a slow long term death. Once every one gets really high level and has a alt or two pretty high what else you going to do?

You could get into raiding but unless you are in TMO all you are going to get is crumbs. And TMO is a total commitment if you want good gear. Most people are not into the batphone crap. So that is out.

I am sure it will pick up with Velious. But after awhile it will drop off again. It will be just like Red. On lifesupport. I think a lot of us have figured out we have been playing this game WAY TOO LONG. Like 12 or 13 years!! I just can't get that excited too much anymore. Velious will help though for a little while.

In reality I think I need to just get a real life lol and go out under a nice shade tree and read a book. Turn off my computer and be happy. Maybe its time?
Last edited by webrunner5; 05-31-2012 at 05:55 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Banned

A massive problem that is continually ignored is that entire guilds were effectively ignored off the server by gm/guides not enforcing bans where they are clearly stated that they should be dealt out on the front page's rules that every player accepted.

Meanwhile TMO cheated, trained, griefed, and made the end game, and subsequently the server, completely disgustingly unplayable for quite possibly 100+ people.

A lot of people left because of just that. It was definitely not experience rates.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIsStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A massive problem that is continually ignored is that entire guilds were effectively ignored off the server by gm/guides not enforcing bans where they are clearly stated that they should be dealt out on the front page's rules that every player accepted.

Meanwhile TMO cheated, trained, griefed, and made the end game, and subsequently the server, completely disgustingly unplayable for quite possibly 100+ people.

A lot of people left because of just that. It was definitely not experience rates.
"a lot of people left because 1 guild did shit better than the others and kept fighting propaganda with propaganda and came out on top"

Harrison so butt-sore.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Banned

You can lie about exploiting all you want to yourself but, no one is buying it but you and your guild.

The simple fact of the matter is that your guild ruined a fun server for hundreds of players through training, cheating, and creating an unsportsmanlike atmosphere devoid of legitimate competition.
Last edited by HarrisonIsStillPosting; 05-31-2012 at 06:37 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Someone on fark.com posted the link to p1999. I had no idea that it existed until then.

That's what got me here (and a couple of others whom I told about it).
Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

I mentioned p99 in a FARK thread a few days ago too =)

It was funny. There was a thread about the latest #2 in Al Qaeda having been killed and the headline joked that his spawn was camped. This turned the thread into a partial nostalgia fest of some obvious old schoolers. You can almost smell that palpable nostalgia of the true old schoolers.

I hope they show up here.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are also some lame bugs keeping players from starting new characters on this server which is not helping the population. Fixes are pending for the next patch but they wait 2 months or so to release the patch for whatever reason. Kinda silly to wait that long to fix things when the server population is really suffering.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Banned

Stop trying to create halfling rangers, etc. they are not classic, and aren't allowed. It isn't a bug.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Banned

/who all harrison

0 players online
Closed Thread