Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2671  
Old 04-11-2022, 04:13 AM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Planar Protector

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
Yeah, I think so too. He knows that if other countries believe that Russian nukes are on the table, no major powers will confront him directly, so he can do whatever he wants. A sane leader wouldn't consider nukes, but if he acts a bit unhinged, then it plants the seed that it's possible in everyone's minds enabling him to act.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2672  
Old 04-11-2022, 09:06 AM
Patriam1066 Patriam1066 is offline
Planar Protector

Patriam1066's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some one mentioned Putin was scared of Merkel, which delayed the invasion until she retired... it didnít seem to stop all the other Russian invasions. Iím not saying Trump would have prevented this one, rather Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
I mentioned merkel because I think a unified European response was as likely to have prevented Putin from invading as was the conjecture that trump being in office stymied him up until this point. I was more pointing out that itís equally if not more likely that the timing coincides with her leaving office as opposed to Biden stepping into the white house

I completely agree that probably not much short of promising to nuke Russia wouldíve stopped Putin, Iím simply pointing out that ďTrump wouldíve stopped thisĒ doesnít explain why this happens in Ď22 instead of Ď21 (whereas merkel does), and that ultimately I donít think anyone thought Putin was this crazy or cared so little about Russiaís status internationally. Itís one thing to take Crimea, a majority ethnic Russia part of Ukraine that already had Russian naval bases. Itís another to blitzkrieg a country of 44 million and send 15 million people into refugee status

Ultimately, who knows. The guy clearly wants to be seen as the next Stalin
__________________
God Bless Texas
Free Iran
Reply With Quote
  #2673  
Old 04-11-2022, 09:50 AM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: At the barricades.
Posts: 2,808
Default

Putin invaded Ukraine when he was ready.

That's a fact.

Reaching into his mind to deduce how he arrived at his decision is pure narcissism and ignorance.

It's chest-thumping. Oh my candidate would have prevented that or this, because I only support the best candidates and here are my reasons for it based on an intensive course in geopolitics I took last night courtesy of Wikipedia.

Putin wasn't ready, so he didn't invade. But when he was ready, he did.
Reply With Quote
  #2674  
Old 04-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 7,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin invaded Ukraine when he was ready.

That's a fact.

Reaching into his mind to deduce how he arrived at his decision is pure narcissism and ignorance.

It's chest-thumping. Oh my candidate would have prevented that or this, because I only support the best candidates and here are my reasons for it based on an intensive course in geopolitics I took last night courtesy of Wikipedia.

Putin wasn't ready, so he didn't invade. But when he was ready, he did.
Are you sure? I think he did it because he's a hypocrite. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death View Post
Covid is real
Reply With Quote
  #2675  
Old 04-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector

Jimjam's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,471
Default

^ well, I mean, like, yeah, he invaded when he thought he was ready, right?
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Reply With Quote
  #2676  
Old 04-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some one mentioned Putin was scared of Merkel, which delayed the invasion until she retired... it didnít seem to stop all the other Russian invasions. Iím not saying Trump would have prevented this one, rather Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
putin legit trolled merkel at a meeting one time with his black lab

dont think he was afraid of her
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #2677  
Old 04-11-2022, 12:09 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, please. Trump is giving Putin verbal blowjobs at every possible opportunity. He would not have stopped him. He'd likely have been Putin's biggest cheerleader, bending over backwards to justify it while calling Putin a genius for the 15th time.
If the only thing that you have to say against Trump is that, ďyou heard on CNN that Trump compliments PutinĒ

Then please put on some pants and takeoff your diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump tries to get EU to stop buying russian oil and putin was getting something from trump?

Reply With Quote
  #2678  
Old 04-11-2022, 12:17 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re definitely right that Biden fucked up by not taking this more seriously sooner, especially if they already had the intelligence, which it seems like they did

I think it’s worth pointing out that this is such a catastrophic blunder on Putin’s part that no one probably thought it possible. Notice how the Germans are trying to stop buying Russian hydrocarbons and investing in their own military after decades of contrary policy? Smart people like the Germans never saw this coming. But yes, that is a totally legitimate criticism of Biden. However, I don’t think anything stops Putin. He’s a crazy person. He has not made Russia stronger. Finland and Sweden will join NATO, Moldova will join the EU….

He’s made more salient why we used to cherish democracy. This was a wake up call in terms of why we put up with some of the bull shit inefficiencies and frustrations of democracy. The alternative is clearly worse and somehow always results in a person holding power who is manifestly unfit to wield it
You say nobody saw this coming.

I posted a video right there I just quoted it.

Literally 4 years ago. Trump predicted this war Trump predicted the reason why this war is going to happen Trump said that they need to stop sending money to the biggest threat in Europe. I mean it’s all right there.

A literal video proof of the president proving everything that you say is wrong and everything that you say would’ve stopped the war if we did that and it’s Trump literally saying that to Germany.

And you’re so anti-Trump you can’t admit to anybody had any idea that this could ever happen even though there’s a video right there of Trump saying that this is gonna happen.

This TDS is crazy. if only we had a vaccination for that.
Reply With Quote
  #2679  
Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,323
Default

I love how all the people that hate Donald Trump I see are replying oh thatís a great post good post excellent post!

Itís not an excellent post because it totally omits the fact that Donald Trump said this was gonna happen and tried to get Europe to stop sending money to oil but they told him to go fuck himself and you all told him that Trump was crazy and loves Putin!!í

Iím in a freaking madhouse!!! Itís a mad hpuuuuse!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2680  
Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Gustoo Gustoo is online now
Planar Protector

Gustoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The side of Bristlebane
Posts: 5,915
Default

July 2018

Making points that make sense to achieve 1 specific goal (destabilizing and weakening NATO) does not mean he is hard on russia, just used them for boogyman tactics. Talking out of both sides of your mouth isn't uncommon.

But I agree that if you only listen to what one side tells you about the other guy you're gunna have an inaccurate version of it. But the above clip doesn't change the basic facts about trump presidency.

1. Destroying the state department, that does its best to keep every country in the world on the side of the USA and our allies (not russia and china)
2. Trying to put bad shadow on NATO (an organization that has successfully stopped russia from fucking around for years)

Seems like a bad president to me.
__________________
Discord PVP Server:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Lost but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.