Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

BTW I think there is a massive offensive from the west happening? I guess the synopsis is they blew up all the ways for these guys to retreat for the last couple months, and now they are going to move in and kill them all?

Could this be the start of the title of thread?
Old 09-08-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s like their last ditch effort.

When Europe finds alternatives which they will rapidly, Russia is hosed
You think there are alternatives?
Old 09-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, kill of 10-20% of the folks that cant afford to pay for energy this winter.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Is it all the pipelines or just Nordstream 1?
Old 09-09-2022, 06:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Russia has cut off gas supplies to Europe indefinitely. Here’s what you need to know

You were warned about this Europe. You were warned not to rely on Russian oil and gas.
That video of the German politicians literally laughing in the face of the president when they were warned about this years ago.

I have an irrational hatred for the Germans, so this winter I'll be experiencing some schadenfraude.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...05b5f32827f577

Ukraine is doing a lot better than I expected.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 09-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...05b5f32827f577

Ukraine is doing a lot better than I expected.
yeah its like, wow is this the end?

Lots of blacked out media on the like 2 month long strategy they seem to be performing right now.

It's impressive and scary.

Prior to this there was a lull in western propaganda videos and it was looking like they were just really getting hammered by the east, and the west was losing interest, but now it's looking like they were hyper focused on this dark operation.

Blowing up bridges, with continued strikes for months from the HRAMS and now, there is no where for some 30k russian soldiers to go? Trapped between HRAMs and a river of busted bridges with no way to send support?

Suddenly puttin is negotiating?

Old 09-10-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

If Ukraine ends up winning this thing, que all the "You couldn't have done it without Western support"

Much like they do with the American Revolution and French support (which came 3 years after the war started).

The Ukrainians are the only innocent ones in this thing.

Russia, the US, and the EU are the same exact beast.

The US will be licking their lips soon. We didn't help out of the kindness of our hearts.

If we had a heart, it would be cold, dead and covered in oil.

Here's hoping Ukraine can resist ALL forms of tyranny.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Ukraine ends up winning this thing, que all the "You couldn't have done it without Western support"

Much like they do with the American Revolution and French support (which came 3 years after the war started).

The Ukrainians are the only innocent ones in this thing.

Russia, the US, and the EU are the same exact beast.

The US will be licking their lips soon. We didn't help out of the kindness of our hearts.

If we had a heart, it would be cold, dead and covered in oil.

Here's hoping Ukraine can resist ALL forms of tyranny.
what are we gonna do if Ukraine wins this just let Russia chill right next-door?
Old 09-10-2022, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what are we gonna do if Ukraine wins this just let Russia chill right next-door?
I imagine Ukraine will push to join the EU and NATO, now that it's far more politically feasible.

Russia will just have to come to grips with that.

Who knows if they will or not. But Ukraine wouldn't be the first NATO country to border them, so I don't know why one more would make a difference.

I guess Russia could mobilize and invade again, but I don't know how well that would work for them. They would basically need to go big or go home with the propaganda and convince their people they need to invade more than just Ukraine. In that case, they lose to NATO.

Russia has every right to be paranoid. And if Ukraine/the West control Crimea, well bye bye Russian Navy. I'm sure leaders in the West envision a world without them, but to pro-actively invade a country over those fears is stupid and must be punished.

And yes, the same should've happened to the US. But it didn't. Because might unfortunately makes right in our world.

The whole scenario is a mess, and will always be a mess. Ukraine is placed in a horrible position, location wise. Whomever controls Ukraine controls the world. It's like the modern day Constantinople.