Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-28-2022, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

HP > Weapon Delay > Haste > Rest
Old 07-01-2022, 06:43 AM
Kobold

So if offhand lower delay weapons generate more raw aggro naturally whats better than frostbringer offhand ? Anklesmasher ? (Besides VP and ToV)
Old 07-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

im not sure anyone is really certain unless they can show with some kind of proof that weapon bonus is applied to the offhand as well.

what does APPEAR obvious is that agro is not strictly related to damage done, but more closely related to number of swings. the original white damage agro forumla i have seen is weapon_damage + bonus_damage / hasted_delay regardless of hit or miss.

this is different then the damage formula which is ( weapon_damage * damage_modifier + bonus_damage ) / hasted_delay and generally suggest that weapon delay is more important than weapon damage for generating agro... the same would be true if the damage_bonus applied to the offhand as well (i.e. lower delay is more important than weapon damage).

however, i have never seen any definitive proof that this is the case however (either via code formula or clear cut empirical evidence). like i said, in my experience, i notice that faster weapons seem to generate more agro than equal or slightly better DPS slow weapons.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

just get a scepter of forlorn, hoocars what you equip. hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

I have seen it mentioned a few times in this thread that warrior epic is the highest threat 2hander for tanking.

I am inclined to disagree.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostreaver

Vs

https://wiki.project1999.com/Jagged_Blade_of_War

Both procs are wicked albeit the JBoW is a bit stronger. At 60 with triple attack the white threat generation is huge for good 2 handers and Dain’s axe is quite a lot better on that front. Stats on epic are clearly better … but if your primary goal is aggro my bet is on the Axe. Procs evened out and equal over time I still think the Axe wins and either of them way more than ‘get the job done’ when procs are rolling. Where 2hand tanking can get dicey is when procs elude you for a stretch or roll in late. In those circumstances dain axe will handily outpace 2h epic from the superior ratio.

I dumped my infestation + other proc dual wield combination a long time ago for Dain axe. Much much much better dps and aggro than what I had before all in one package. I knew it would be at least ok for aggro but it blew my socks off just how good it was and have used it as the MT for high end velious targets (Kael/NToV) many times. Best use of dkp ever … scooped it up cheap. Threat was strong enough I would never (ever) get away using as a dps assist weapon on heavy hitting named.

I do not have epic (yet or ever) so I cannot directly compare the 2. If I’m wrong please educate me on the why (axe vs 2hand epic).

If I did have epic I would be very interested to head to head trial red blade and infestation vs Frostreaver.

But yes … I LOVE using a 2h weapon tank setup. DPS is superior, fewer ripostes, strong white damage aggro when procs are stingy and aggro lock when procs are rolling.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-13-2022, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

So, I think I have what are considered the highest dps setups

Kreizenns flame + blue blade
Jaelens + blue
Gaudralek
scepter of destruction+blue
kreizenns+jaelens

in group content, 2h crushes. not even close. over 10 hours of fighting, gaudralek smokes even SoD.

in raid content, any of the 1h + blue blade seems to win. i think this one is obvious, blue blade gives like 100 atk and these mobs have big ac. Kreizenns flame seems to have a slight edge.

Avatar of course. 255 dex. 4x aob, dain ring.

Most interesting thing I learned is how little of percentage procs make up total damage. Need to test discs more, but with Precision I parsed 87 dps on Brother Zephyl with 2h, 101 with Kreiz+Blue.

need more testing.

also, did some testing of efreeti standard offhand. expect a bug report.

As for 2h aggro... I can't explain it, but Garzicor and Tantor's tusk, after 300 seconds of battle, won every time. Garz proc is odd. Seems inconsistent. Banked all but Gaudralek for now. and Fangol.
Last edited by eisley; 07-13-2022 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-14-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for 2h aggro... I can't explain it, but Garzicor and Tantor's tusk, after 300 seconds of battle, won every time. Garz proc is odd. Seems inconsistent. Banked all but Gaudralek for now. and Fangol.
??
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I think I have what are considered the highest dps setups

Kreizenns flame + blue blade
Jaelens + blue
Gaudralek
scepter of destruction+blue
kreizenns+jaelens

in group content, 2h crushes. not even close. over 10 hours of fighting, gaudralek smokes even SoD.

in raid content, any of the 1h + blue blade seems to win. i think this one is obvious, blue blade gives like 100 atk and these mobs have big ac. Kreizenns flame seems to have a slight edge.

Avatar of course. 255 dex. 4x aob, dain ring.

Most interesting thing I learned is how little of percentage procs make up total damage. Need to test discs more, but with Precision I parsed 87 dps on Brother Zephyl with 2h, 101 with Kreiz+Blue.

need more testing.

also, did some testing of efreeti standard offhand. expect a bug report.

Ive been using krez flame + katana. Imo it's better dps then blue blade or equal to it. About to bank blue for more bag room lol.

But yes in group content gaudralek is nuts /nod
Old 07-14-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Roll a paladin and be better in every way, hope that helps. Sorry you don’t got sods, consider yellow.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll a paladin and be better in every way, hope that helps. Sorry you don’t got sods, consider yellow.
Sorry you don't got
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bahahaha finally got to get you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]