Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 11-29-2022, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a dedicated Wizard you should embrace the raid game then. This is where you will feel strongest.
Working on getting there. Just sucks because there are legit non-raid group stuff a wizard needs like the staff of temp flux, but I don't think I'm getting that till my 50s at this point lol.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working on getting there. Just sucks because there are legit non-raid group stuff a wizard needs like the staff of temp flux, but I don't think I'm getting that till my 50s at this point lol.
Which parts do you still need for this / what level are you?

The Frost Heart can be acquired in Permafrost just a little bit into the zone. It's a boring camp, but the safest place to do it is like...almost literally right at the entrance. You zone in, walk up the little ramp, and then go down the hallway, there's a camp fire in a little cubby? The mob you need can spawn there. Took me awhile camping that room. If you're 36ish the mobs should be green or super low blues to you iirc. I camped that at 36. I tried screwing around, finding spawns deeper in the zone--f that noise, it was way too dangerous. Just that entrance spawn, slow and steady.

The skeleton is actually kind of a pain, that earth elemental pet is way, way stronger than the mob. The guide in the wiki works, you just need to be careful, the second "Note" in the wiki: https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_o...ate_Flux_Quest is how I did it, but you need to like, seriously have SoW, be at max root range, cast root, and haul it to the rathe zoneline with levitate up. Have the map up, learn exactly where to run to get there, as soon as Root finishes casting start running to the zoneline. If the pet gets within range to root you they'll beat you to death. If you want, you can wait at the zoneline and try to snare the pet before zoning with Bonds of Force, it's just risky if you aren't buffed. And have a teleport / abscond up so that after you kill and loot, you leave the zone to drop aggro from the pet, that pet is hauling ass back to you after you engage the skeleton.

For the fire heart, I honestly just hung out in the zone with invis on and asked someone to let me know if one dropped and when one dropped I went over and looted it. If you're higher level you can probably break the camp on your own but there's a lot of patrollers and they move fast so be careful.

And the lambent stone, I mean, that's whatever, you can just buy that from someone.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which parts do you still need for this / what level are you?

The Frost Heart can be acquired in Permafrost just a little bit into the zone. It's a boring camp, but the safest place to do it is like...almost literally right at the entrance. You zone in, walk up the little ramp, and then go down the hallway, there's a camp fire in a little cubby? The mob you need can spawn there. Took me awhile camping that room. If you're 36ish the mobs should be green or super low blues to you iirc. I camped that at 36. I tried screwing around, finding spawns deeper in the zone--f that noise, it was way too dangerous. Just that entrance spawn, slow and steady.

The skeleton is actually kind of a pain, that earth elemental pet is way, way stronger than the mob. The guide in the wiki works, you just need to be careful, the second "Note" in the wiki: https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_o...ate_Flux_Quest is how I did it, but you need to like, seriously have SoW, be at max root range, cast root, and haul it to the rathe zoneline with levitate up. Have the map up, learn exactly where to run to get there, as soon as Root finishes casting start running to the zoneline. If the pet gets within range to root you they'll beat you to death. If you want, you can wait at the zoneline and try to snare the pet before zoning with Bonds of Force, it's just risky if you aren't buffed. And have a teleport / abscond up so that after you kill and loot, you leave the zone to drop aggro from the pet, that pet is hauling ass back to you after you engage the skeleton.

For the fire heart, I honestly just hung out in the zone with invis on and asked someone to let me know if one dropped and when one dropped I went over and looted it. If you're higher level you can probably break the camp on your own but there's a lot of patrollers and they move fast so be careful.

And the lambent stone, I mean, that's whatever, you can just buy that from someone.
I'm 28. I just have the lambent stone atm.

The Perma thing I had no idea about. Thank you for that tip, that'll honestly be a game changer. I just remember those wizards being deep inside the dungeon. One time when I helped another wizard with their heart, it dropped in the big room just before you start seeing giants. That's what I was worried about.

Yep the stone skeletons were going to be a pain. A pain to kill, and a pain to get anyone over there to help me. It sucks, lol. I probably will just end up getting to 45 or so before I do it. Don't have a SoW bot or anything like that, nor the cash to spend on potions.

Same deal with the fire heart. SolA is at least a decently populated dungeon most of the time, right? I'll hope that folks there are cooperative and won't just destroy the heart out of spite or something.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 28. I just have the lambent stone atm.

The Perma thing I had no idea about. Thank you for that tip, that'll honestly be a game changer. I just remember those wizards being deep inside the dungeon. One time when I helped another wizard with their heart, it dropped in the big room just before you start seeing giants. That's what I was worried about.

Yep the stone skeletons were going to be a pain. A pain to kill, and a pain to get anyone over there to help me. It sucks, lol. I probably will just end up getting to 45 or so before I do it. Don't have a SoW bot or anything like that, nor the cash to spend on potions.

Same deal with the fire heart. SolA is at least a decently populated dungeon most of the time, right? I'll hope that folks there are cooperative and won't just destroy the heart out of spite or something.

Thanks for the advice.
You always have a SoW bot dude, just go to EC tunnel, druids and shamans spam SoW on people all day. Just ask for buffs before you port over to NK.

And for sure, don't bother doing the quest yet, I waited until like 36 to solo it, you don't really need it before you get Bonds of Force anyways it doesn't do anything if you aren't quadding constantly.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Or just use another class and MQ it (I used my shaman). Or have a buddy help.

Soloing that camp with a wiz seems awful. Same stuff as we talked about the OP. Lots of greens so it’s going to take a while to clear back. A pain to break the room, etc.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:45 PM
Aviak

I remember when kunark first launched on blue all the AoE groups we're fantastic. Skyfire etc.