Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would a manna robe + Z heart matter so much for a mage? is it to cast a bunch of COTH's?
yes

on fast engages every coth counts....now, ill say coth ORDER is far more important than manna robe + z heart but when you're lacking bard/necro pump it can make a difference between yellow text and sorry-you-dont-got-FTE-see-you-in-7-days
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2023, 10:16 AM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes

on fast engages every coth counts....now, ill say coth ORDER is far more important than manna robe + z heart but when you're lacking bard/necro pump it can make a difference between yellow text and sorry-you-dont-got-FTE-see-you-in-7-days
i sure wouldnt buy it tho, let the guild provide it or use dkp. once you hit a certain mana threshold, mana and manarobe/zheart kinda pointless. coth order and what you have on RTE matters more, long as you can coth around 8-10 people on your own. once i hit 4k mana i stopped even trying to get mana items anymore (i wear draco shoulders for instance).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Crede Crede is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,982
Default

Best answer is to just not raid. Farm pp with mage to buy shit as needed. Focused air and water pet are good enough.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2023, 11:27 AM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best answer is to just not raid. Farm pp with mage to buy shit as needed. Focused air and water pet are good enough.
thats why i suggested the wc cap to change to your better char awhile ago.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-2023, 11:53 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best answer is to just not raid. Farm pp with mage to buy shit as needed. Focused air and water pet are good enough.
nah best bet is to warmbody the shit out of raids and get sellable raid loot

way more plat per hour
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-2023, 12:21 PM
Allishia Allishia is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 803
Default

Mage epic was game changer for me. I made my mage back in 2015, got bored of constantly having to summon pet over and over to get max one, drove me nuts. I quit mage at level 51/52....earth staff dropped, I bid on it, few months later 60 mage...soo friggin fun to level omg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-25-2023, 12:42 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage epic was game changer for me. I made my mage back in 2015, got bored of constantly having to summon pet over and over to get max one, drove me nuts. I quit mage at level 51/52....earth staff dropped, I bid on it, few months later 60 mage...soo friggin fun to level omg
Thats not game changing, thats you being lazy. hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-25-2023, 12:54 PM
Crede Crede is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,982
Default

They just need to revert the dumb root net recharge cost since everyone farms specters anyway. Would be a big deal for mages getting epic and opening up options.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,683
Default

If anyone with an epic wants to see how far the epic pet can get a geonid down without assistance that would be interesting. I know the earth needs a lot of help but would be game to do some testing and report back with various pet strengths and npc health percentages. It would be fun to add EoT into the mix. Well, I think so, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-25-2023, 01:21 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,401
Default

If an epic pet can't solo a single geonid its 100% not worth getting.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.