Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people really want to understand my mindset: Imagine you go to camp Hadden, and somebody is there. You were expecting it so, you just plan to afk for 10 hours till they get their earring.

Now imagine when you get there, it is a level 5 druid who can't solo it. And they need you to kill it for them. No one is going to spend 10 hours killing it for him to get to camp it themselves. The /list feature forces it. It needs to be tweaked.
The list is the list, and the camp is the camp. We explained this 30 pages ago very clearly.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list is the list, and the camp is the camp. We explained this 30 pages ago very clearly.
we should probably go over it again.

alot of these people arn't erudites and have low base int.

for alot of you, the only way your going to get a manastone is using listing services such as these. Thats the pure and simple. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=341154
Last edited by Phaezed-Reality; 11-17-2019 at 08:05 PM..
Old 11-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Banned

You need to account share like the rest of the people doing the stone. Brother Ramal is offering a 1k per hour service if you want a chance.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:10 AM
Large Bat

A+. this is why i play this game of ForumQuest Green.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why people are pretending like I am level 5 and want someone to kill it for me. I am the appropriate level for the /list and have been willing to help from the very beginning before Grakken or anyone else showed up.
I'm not going to harp on this specific instance, but the whole idea of the list in general. I understand why it was needed, I really do. Quantifying what level the minimum for a list is tough, because if you have a party it doesn't need to be as high. If you're solo it needs to be higher...

The real issue is people who can't clear / effectively camp items solo are listing and expecting help from others when they should probably just go level or bring their own group instead.

Something similar to this scenario happened to me, I was grouped with someone and they asked if they could solo the mobs for xp. I don't care, I dropped group and feigned. Coming back every 5-10 minutes to check on my afk box status, because at this point I don't have any real reason to be there. I come back and he's dead, I have a bunch of tells asking me to de-list for him so he can get back to number one. At this point I have a moral dilemma, either I become a huge dick and tell him no or I just leave and tell him he needs to solo it all on his own. To avoid conflict on a 'game' I log off and tell him that if he can't solo the content he should probably get a group to help him or he should wait until he was high enough of a level to solo the content.

So what is the right call? It's a tough answer and part of me wishes they would just raise the list level on all the items to 50 with a month long lockout, with some GM oversight about solo 50's sniping/being excluded from groups. The other option is to continue letting people snail their way to loot on the backs of others. They're both shitty options so you take your pick, but in the end it represents the community of p99 and maybe we should take better ownership of ourselves?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauvian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe we should take better ownership of ourselves?
I completely respect this sentiment, but you must be relatively new to P99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread