Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of druids and ports, I wonder how the the green economy will handle port cost. You sure as hell aren't getting 1pp per level. With the exception of a handful of camps, making PP early on is very tough and every cent counts.

Speaking of nybright sisters, LFay is an outdoor zone. Hell, most good cash camps count as outdoors, for that matter. In outdoor zones, a "camp" is considered 1 mob. So 3 people (or maybe groups, since soloing isnt realistic for some classes untwinked), each with one sister. Yuuuuuck.
I don't want to spill the beans, but sisters aren't the only bronze/bandit camp in lesser fay.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol all 4 is one camp
GM clearly defined that in outdoor, a camp is 1mob... You have the right to "claim" all four, but if someone contest you have no right on more than 1 of them... That's no fun, but that's lawyerquest at its best....
Old 05-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to spill the beans, but sisters aren't the only bronze/bandit camp in lesser fay.
that doesn't change that nybrights might very well be split in such a way, and i would expect the same of any outdoor cash camp. nybrights is just an easy example.

each person gets 1 treant, each person gets 1 hill giant, eventually each person gets 1 paineel guard, etc.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

And if there still aren't enough to go around? I guess we'll have to redefine the rotation of the guard!
Old 05-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmerciless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm super new to EQ, like this is pretty much my first experience with it. Question is what's the best unfunded class? Even if it's easy to make your first couple hundred plat, what it wasn't?
Bard
Druid
Necro
Mage
Enc
Old 05-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Druids easily best self funded. Wood elf specifically, they get forage and easy CB belts for newb armor. Friendly to animals so they don’t die outdoors naturally. With belts and other newb quests they can earn enough to get early spells. Summon food & drink early combined with forage means never having to buy food or drink. Yes port spells are expensive but after hitting 20’s do gobbos or unrest and you’ll earn enough to pay for ports. After 29 you live like a king making tips off porting and buffs.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

I remember on live each gnoll spire in SK was a separate camp. No wonder it took weeks for each level.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Large Rat

I had rolled a druid half elf on red, first experience with Gfay and Kelathin. I hate it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but isn't as bad as I hate Misty Thicket.
Last edited by Kingmerciless; 05-04-2019 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Edited for revision.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids easily best self funded. Wood elf specifically, they get forage and easy CB belts for newb armor. Friendly to animals so they don’t die outdoors naturally. With belts and other newb quests they can earn enough to get early spells. Summon food & drink early combined with forage means never having to buy food or drink. Yes port spells are expensive but after hitting 20’s do gobbos or unrest and you’ll earn enough to pay for ports. After 29 you live like a king making tips off porting and buffs.
All druids get forage at level 5. Halflings are clearly the best race as they have a leveling bonus, a ghetto gnome wall hack, and get hide/sneak too.

By the time you even get summon food/drink as a druid you should be able to forage for all your food/water.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All druids get forage at level 5. Halflings are clearly the best race as they have a leveling bonus, a ghetto gnome wall hack, and get hide/sneak too.

By the time you even get summon food/drink as a druid you should be able to forage for all your food/water.
As someone with a Halfling druid I mostly agree. However, Wood Elves are a very solid choice also.

True they don't get the wall hack or XP bonus or hide/sneak ... but the wall hack is more fun than useful, XP bonus is minor for one of the best leveling classes (and doesn't matter at 60), and hide/sneak is extremely minor compared to Camouflage (personally the only time I ever use it on my Druid is to avoid the Satyr that paths through the Sentient Suits in WL when I'm AFK medding).

In contrast Wood Elves and Tunare worshipping Half-Elves get some nice items, including a root clickie and those DS gloves, so I think a very solid case can be made for them too. Truly the only "wrong" choice (purely from a power gaming perspective) is Human or non-Tunare worshipping Half-Elf.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread