Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh the exp boost and global /ooc is what i dislike most from red99. they are experience changers
.... and yellow text.

Ez xp means everyone will have 10 alts max level to throw at anyone. I’d rather it be harder to level than easier.

Global ooc is something you can turn off. For most it seems like a way to pass the time while camping something. Not really immersion ruining.

Worst part of r99 is the blue GMs enforcing blue rules. Shit I felt like I got more petitions against me on red than blue. Get rid of the rules all together outside of warping and boxing.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Don't bother trying to "fix" something that was never broken. Do old Rallos Zek style, or one of the Team variations, preferably Sullon. If it is RZ style, then bring back item loot + coin. Choice of 1 droppable item, with held items / weapons also included! (You were able to loot weapons in original RZ) One of the factors that drove many noobs away were the fungi super twinks showing up and ruining their day. I personally know of a couple friends that quit due to that very reason.

Item loot is a great mechanic which accomplishes several things...

1. It encourages questing to find those obscure NO-DROP items.
2. Discourages super twinks, and gives the regular casuals a means to inflict lasting damage to them.
3. Gives an alternative to raiding and farming gear in the traditional sense. Much of the high end gear can still only be obtained through raiding obviously.
4. Improves the server economy by keeping droppable gear prices down. People won't be shelling out large amounts of plat if that gear could potentially be taken.
5. Improves the economy further by promoting tradeskills to make expendable gear such as banded / cheap jewelry just to fill slots.

More people need to have an open mind when it comes to item looting. It balances the game.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't bother trying to "fix" something that was never broken. Do old Rallos Zek style, or one of the Team variations, preferably Sullon. If it is RZ style, then bring back item loot + coin. Choice of 1 droppable item, with held items / weapons also included! (You were able to loot weapons in original RZ) One of the factors that drove many noobs away were the fungi super twinks showing up and ruining their day. I personally know of a couple friends that quit due to that very reason.

Item loot is a great mechanic which accomplishes several things...

1. It encourages questing to find those obscure NO-DROP items.
2. Discourages super twinks, and gives the regular casuals a means to inflict lasting damage to them.
3. Gives an alternative to raiding and farming gear in the traditional sense. Much of the high end gear can still only be obtained through raiding obviously.
4. Improves the server economy by keeping droppable gear prices down. People won't be shelling out large amounts of plat if that gear could potentially be taken.
5. Improves the economy further by promoting tradeskills to make expendable gear such as banded / cheap jewelry just to fill slots.

More people need to have an open mind when it comes to item looting. It balances the game.
In summary, this came off as, super twinks vs. super twinks, since there's more than one fungi geared character that ruin a new person's day. Item loot will not change anything. All that would happen is that instead of a select few super twinks, they would eat each other alive until only a very select few remain. Then it will be back to beat up the newbies.

The way to fix Red is to kill high end twinking and scaling skills down when players de-level themselves. Plain and simple. There shouldn't be a ToV geared melee character in level 20-50 zones, but I have had the displeasure of coming across such players on Red.

Later in the EQ history, level restrictions would eventually get applied to certain items. Some people despised this, but I felt it was a nice equalizer.

PvP needs to have a sense of equality if you want to keep players engaged.

But if you want the true secret to making Red prosper, I'll give it to you. Community. Right now, there are more toxic people on Red then regular players. Giving a newbie high end trash gear and cash to get started is not going to hold their attention for long. Forging friendships and fighting their boredom does so. If you can't accomplish those feats of strength, then the player base of red does deserve to fade into obscurity.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 09-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Orc

Is there item loot on death, on red currently?

Quote:
Item Loot: Item loot will currently not be in place, however this may be subject to change as we consider alternative item loot mechanics.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

No there is no item loot currently.

EXP boost terrible idea

Global OOC terrible idea not classic from terrible failed state other PVP servers.

These custom mods make the server suck and are part of what made it fail.

everquest is about journey not the destination. Level 1-50 is where all fun happens. Level 50-60 is where dragon camping petitionquest sadness begins.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No there is no item loot currently.

EXP boost terrible idea

Global OOC terrible idea not classic from terrible failed state other PVP servers.

These custom mods make the server suck and are part of what made it fail.

everquest is about journey not the destination. Level 1-50 is where all fun happens. Level 50-60 is where dragon camping petitionquest sadness begins.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ooo good times afk medding on Jboots to save up for my manastone

love to see screenies with my beautiful name.

Old world pvp even deaths are really beautiful I look forward to seeing non pals like you in the battlefield. Would rez for free anyways much love
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 09-23-2019 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would never copy chars to blue, I don't even understand the argument for that. Red99 has 0 competition and pixels are handed out to brain dead players that just logged in and afk a couple times a week. If they make a new pvp server the chars would stay on red99 and then be copied from the new pvp server to red99 every cycle.
Ohhhhhh ok -- Usually when I see people say "wipe it" in my head it's just the same server and all chars are wiped, too. As long as the old chars still exist, somehow. That's a lot of time and love put into them.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Banned

Wonder how many fungi twink epic rogues are camped in seb to never be logged in again
Old 09-24-2019, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wonder how many fungi twink epic rogues are camped in seb to never be logged in again
Closed Thread