Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like this opinion confuses the reason most people are switching or starting on Green. Green launch is a once in a lifetime experience, pixel lust probably only factors into the equation a small amount.
I disagree. Once legacy items are gone, green will be the same as blue, except less content. Many will prefer to go back to blue.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I’m certainly not some EverQuest Rain Man, I doubt most people outside of the raiding scene are either.

If you can’t see how scraping together your gear and fighting essentially naked most of your life will be more difficult than getting a bunch of money handed to you and instantly having a full set of stat gear on the second day, I don’t know what to tell you.
You sure do love your extreme, exaggerated, factually incorrect buzzword comments.

Trolls gonna troll.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Once legacy items are gone, green will be the same as blue, except less content. Many will prefer to go back to blue.
Green will be nothing like blue. Ten years of up time has made Blue practically unrecognizable as classic EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure do love your extreme, exaggerated, factually incorrect buzzword comments.

Trolls gonna troll.
I really don’t see how what I said was factually incorrect. If you play Blue long enough, someone will hand you several hundred plat and then you’ll never have to worry about loot or gear again until you near max level. Completely changing how the low and mid game plays out.

I get that we disagree, but I’m not trolling I’m just stating an opinion.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 01:57 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=El-Hefe;2997905]Green will be nothing like blue. Ten years of up time has made Blue practically unrecognizable as classic EQ.

Was that an argument or just a statement? If the former, it does nothing toward persuading me that people won't prefer blue to green, post legacy drops.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was that an argument or just a statement? If the former, it does nothing toward persuading me that people won't prefer blue to green, post legacy drops.
You said Green will be like Blue with less content. I said it won't be, for rather obvious reasons. I don't think many will follow your line of reasoning, either.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Banned

I'm staying on Blue. Zero interest / intent to even try Green.

I cannot possibly be alone...but if I am, I have a stable of characters to solo on.

To each their own.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Green will be nothing like blue. Ten years of up time has made Blue practically unrecognizable as classic EQ.

I really don’t see how what I said was factually incorrect. If you play Blue long enough, someone will hand you several hundred plat and then you’ll never have to worry about loot or gear again until you near max level. Completely changing how the low and mid game plays out.

I get that we disagree, but I’m not trolling I’m just stating an opinion.
I don't doubt you can't see it, but you need to educate yourself on how to state an opinion, rather then word it as blanket generalized (and factually incorrect) statements of fact. If you can't control your own vocabulary, how are people supposed to take you seriously... which clearly they don't.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lack of new blood flowing into Blue will eventually be problematic, but it's going to take a year for it to really show IMO. By the time Kunark hits Blue will be a shadow of tis current self
its already hit, i came back to eq last week to pop in after a year break and i didn't know about green at the time and, it was saturday afternoon and there was only 4 groups combined between sebilis and karnor, thats bad
Old 10-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its already hit, i came back to eq last week to pop in after a year break and i didn't know about green at the time and, it was saturday afternoon and there was only 4 groups combined between sebilis and karnor, thats bad
That really isn’t lack of new blood as much as that is the current player base getting into Classic WoW and getting ready for Green. I suspect the current population on Blue will recover a bit in 3-6 months. Time will certainly tell.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That really isn’t lack of new blood as much as that is the current player base getting into Classic WoW and getting ready for Green. I suspect the current population on Blue will recover a bit in 3-6 months. Time will certainly tell.
The new blood part was the large wave of players** who appeared seemingly out of nowhere last winter and swelled server populations to record highs lasting into spring. Most of those folks had apparently petered out and disappeared by mid summer, as server populations were back to long-term average by the time WoW-Classic and Green announcement combined to hit it with something of a 1-2 punch.

**Where did all those folks, practically all at once, come from, anyway? That fairly sudden spike in population on a 9-year-old server was very unusual, and most of them were newbies to it, not returning veterans. Did P99 get come sort of major advertising face-time someplace last fall/winter?

Danth
Closed Thread