Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The new blood part was the large wave of players** who appeared seemingly out of nowhere last winter and swelled server populations to record highs lasting into spring. Most of those folks had apparently petered out and disappeared by mid summer, as server populations were back to long-term average by the time WoW-Classic and Green announcement combined to hit it with something of a 1-2 punch.

**Where did all those folks, practically all at once, come from, anyway? That fairly sudden spike in population on a 9-year-old server was very unusual, and most of them were newbies to it, not returning veterans. Did P99 get come sort of major advertising face-time someplace last fall/winter?

Danth
I think it can largely be attributed to Pantheon hype. I was part of that wave. I had heard of p99 some time back but didn’t actually get involved until August 2018 as news of Pantheon continued to grow. Knowing that it would be years before Pantheon would even have a chance to come out I decided to revisit an old friend and I know many others did as well. I stayed until WoW Classic came out and stuck with that as my daily game until hitting max level where I can now just enjoy my scheduled raids. I now have some more time to allocate back to p99.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Banned

pantheon kickstarter perks to be delivered january 2017 btw
Old 10-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
**Where did all those folks, practically all at once, come from, anyway? That fairly sudden spike in population on a 9-year-old server was very unusual, and most of them were newbies to it, not returning veterans. Did P99 get come sort of major advertising face-time someplace last fall/winter?

Danth
I was part of that wave. I’m fairly certain it was generated by pantheon news. Then a lot of streamers started playing too. The streamers are what actually looped me back into playing this server (I had first played in 09).
Old 10-24-2019, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong
How often do you continue playing the beta of a game, once the full live version officially launches?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't doubt you can't see it, but you need to educate yourself on how to state an opinion, rather then word it as blanket generalized (and factually incorrect) statements of fact. If you can't control your own vocabulary, how are people supposed to take you seriously... which clearly they don't.
Please needlessly passive aggressive guy, educate me.

What did I say in my earlier statement that was "factually incorrect"?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 07:54 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please needlessly passive aggressive guy, educate me.

What did I say in my earlier statement that was "factually incorrect"?
Did a troll catch hurt feelings? That is adorable!

Reread your post history, if you seriously cannot see the glaring errors in your language, you need to repeat the entire formal education most children receive, which is more time then I care to devote to an internet troll. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a troll catch hurt feelings? That is adorable!

Reread your post history, if you seriously cannot see the glaring errors in your language, you need to repeat the entire formal education most children receive, which is more time then I care to devote to an internet troll. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, seriously? How can you call me out, and not clarify what it is exactly you’re taking issue with?

I’m trying to have a spirited debate, and I honestly want to know which facts I got wrong. I’m also 100% willing to admit when I’m wrong about something.

Come man, be cool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, seriously? How can you call me out, and not clarify what it is exactly you’re taking issue with?

I’m trying to have a spirited debate, and I honestly want to know which facts I got wrong. I’m also 100% willing to admit when I’m wrong about something.

Come man, be cool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, I will play ball. There are so many in the thread to pick from, but let's just start with an easy one with your very first post:

Quote:
Nobody gonna level on Blue anymore anyway. Not worth the effort.
Can you spot the factually incorrect statement above?
Old 10-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sure, I will play ball. There are so many in the thread to pick from, but let's just start with an easy one with your very first post:

Can you spot the factually incorrect statement above?
So, you’re mad at me because you think that statement was intended to be taken literally?
If I say “Nobody uses floppy disks.” or “Nobody plays Call of Duty on PC.” That doesn’t mean I think literally not one person makes use of Floppy Disks or that the player count of Call of Duty literally sits at zero 24/7.

Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 09:31 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
So, you’re mad at me because you think that statement was intended to be taken literally?
If I say “Nobody uses floppy disks.” or “Nobody plays Call of Duty on PC.” That doesn’t mean I think literally not one person makes use of Floppy Disks or that the player count of Call of Duty literally sits at zero 24/7.
Which, if you read my previous comments, is why noone takes you seriously. You have less control over your own language then a child.

This was just an easy example, it only grew sadder as the thread continued.
Closed Thread