Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Surprisingly rounded~ not bad
Old 10-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
15% between the three real tanks. That's just about 1 in 6, which is of course the size of a full group.

Consider that other classes can get by as tanks too, with no melee you just use pets, and that mostly non-tanks will spend time soloing... and the proportion of tanks to groups will be fine.
In my experience an even split of tanks will mean tanks will be in high demand. Typically need an overflow for smooth tank (or healer) finding
Old 10-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I played a Wizard in original EQ, always loved it (end of classic to pop).
However, this time I just want to play in a group and I'd rather not be passed over for some other classes and sit idle for hours, so I will probably roll a Cleric. From reading this thread, it seems Wizards aren't really appreciated...

On a side note, I always felt I carried my weight in groups with some timely burst, well placed stuns / interrupts, roots, evacs, but I understand that in a group other casters might be prefered for the comparable dps, and the vastly better utility toolset.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duerdac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a Wizard in original EQ, always loved it (end of classic to pop).
However, this time I just want to play in a group and I'd rather not be passed over for some other classes and sit idle for hours, so I will probably roll a Cleric. From reading this thread, it seems Wizards aren't really appreciated...

On a side note, I always felt I carried my weight in groups with some timely burst, well placed stuns / interrupts, roots, evacs, but I understand that in a group other casters might be prefered for the comparable dps, and the vastly better utility toolset.
This is the best time ever to roll a Wizard if you want to group. Ultimately, that's where I'm headed. Was originally going to go Necro, but being without Iksar regen makes me want to cry.

Don't let people get you down about Wizards. There might be a stigma early on, but that will get ironed out when people realize chain pulling camps just isn't going to be a reality. The slower the kill speed of the group, the more Wizard DPS gets a chance to shine. And one nice little advantage is being able to keep your LFG tag up, so even if you're LFG in Guk, you can port over to Lavastorm and jump into a group in Sol A/B when that tell comes through without any hassle.

You'll get groups, don't worry about it.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience an even split of tanks will mean tanks will be in high demand. Typically need an overflow for smooth tank (or healer) finding
If people take ranger tanks then there will be no problem.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

only 23 human monks
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best time ever to roll a Wizard if you want to group. Ultimately, that's where I'm headed. Was originally going to go Necro, but being without Iksar regen makes me want to cry.

Don't let people get you down about Wizards. There might be a stigma early on, but that will get ironed out when people realize chain pulling camps just isn't going to be a reality. The slower the kill speed of the group, the more Wizard DPS gets a chance to shine. And one nice little advantage is being able to keep your LFG tag up, so even if you're LFG in Guk, you can port over to Lavastorm and jump into a group in Sol A/B when that tell comes through without any hassle.

You'll get groups, don't worry about it.
Isn't Sol A/B not in the game for several months? Or was it a revamp?
Old 10-25-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Poll was pretty similar to my / all count i was doinf while waiting on decaying skele respawns for an hour at launch.

Druids and shamans were higher than poll shows (like I saw 250+ druids of 1850 ingame, and 210+ shams). Ranger was lower (only saw 61 of 1850).

Will be interesting to see when the "casuals" are all on later how it looks.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Well Im playing exactly what I said I would lol came close to swapping to shaman.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Aviak

So should I go Rogue or Ranger? Want something that will find groups easy