Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fine.

I like the crowded zones, being pushed to find out of the way exp spots no one has used in ages, etc. But not everyone does, and this split won't last forever. It's not gonna empty out zones, it's just gonna drop nektulos to 50 instead of 100, WK to 25 instead of 50, etc.

Now if the staff don't merge things if we drop below like1600 combined pop. Or if we reach the point where people are spread out enough that zones are starting to feel empty, I'll have something different to say. But assuming they do it right, yeah, it'll be fine.

Oh, also, id be shocked it the split ends up 50/50. I'd suspect it'll be more like 60-75% green and 25-40% teal.
Does 25% really help that much? During the week, Green is only hitting a bit above 2k at the height of prime time. The rest of the time it’s about 1,500 and apparently that’s still too much. So if 25% go to teal, then we’re at about 1,500 at prime time which again is apparently still too much for some people. Just overall seems like a hasty decision to not only split the community but then allow for a server merge later and all the economic issues that will cause.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does 25% really help that much? During the week, Green is only hitting a bit above 2k at the height of prime time. The rest of the time it’s about 1,500 and apparently that’s still too much. So if 25% go to teal, then we’re at about 1,500 at prime time which again is apparently still too much for some people. Just overall seems like a hasty decision to not only split the community but then allow for a server merge later and all the economic issues that will cause.
on a strictly game experience basis it would be better to normalize spawn rates to an amount of players, but split-and-merge is the technically more classic solution :>
Old 11-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all the economic issues that will cause.
I don't think this will be a big deal. The split might last 1-3 months. And out of close to a year of classic, doubling the chance for people to hit up the "best" camps for 1-3 months is pretty small potatoes compared to the unclassic knowledge, strategies, etc., that a lot of us are already bringing to the table.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2nd server is good for the health of the community.
I was opposed at first but people have brought up good points and reasons since then.
You were the one who had me realizing it wasn't a unanimous Yes back in Qeynos Hills ;D
Old 11-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

There was only 1,500 people on green last night when I logged in at 7 pm cst. I was happy with that. My fear with this is that it wont split out equally. People who have already grinded to 10+ on green are not gonna want to give that up and start over at lvl 1.

I think you might see something like 1500 playing green and 500 on teal. If that happens then green is crowded but playable where teal ends up being another blue. Too few people to get pickup groups so you better be in a well stocked leveling guild.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was only 1,500 people on green last night when I logged in at 7 pm cst. I was happy with that. My fear with this is that it wont split out equally. People who have already grinded to 10+ on green are not gonna want to give that up and start over at lvl 1.

I think you might see something like 1500 playing green and 500 on teal. If that happens then green is crowded but playable where teal ends up being another blue. Too few people to get pickup groups so you better be in a well stocked leveling guild.
They don't have to. The /move command lets them go to teal right away.

Why are replies like this happening?
Old 11-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Man, people sure like to be dramatic.

If you had read the announcement, it specified they will be watching the population. If both are healthy, merge at Kunark. If pops drop earlier, merge sooner.

People saying they want to quit because they want it overpopulated, but if you have been watching the current pop, people are quiting much faster BECAUSE of the overpopulation.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't have to. The /move command lets them go to teal right away.

Why are replies like this happening?
That's cool then. Now I can see how the populations would even itself out. The only issue then really are guilds. I imagine they would want to decide as a group whether to move or stay.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, people sure like to be dramatic.

If you had read the announcement, it specified they will be watching the population. If both are healthy, merge at Kunark. If pops drop earlier, merge sooner.

People saying they want to quit because they want it overpopulated, but if you have been watching the current pop, people are quiting much faster BECAUSE of the overpopulation.
To play devils advocate ... I think the amount of people quitting over the population currently is insanely small. Every night I play its between 2000-2500 prime time.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Banned

Could we maybe get like, quest npcs with ! over them too? Or like a quest log with a nice path for solo xping? Thanks
Closed Thread