Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Kobold

wizards get very high dmg unresistable nukes for high end dragons/giants- it more than outdmgs most considering they don't draw aggro to soon and have the mana pool as well as required reagents. Impossible to parse others' procs/spell dmg though- just have a wizard parse their own during a raid and show you. You'd be surprised.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

The main problem really is that the damage ratio for wizard spells is only slightly better than for mage or druid spells. So mage outdamages wizard by far (since the pet adds a terrific amount of damage as well) while a druid is almost at wizard damage ratio levels and being much much more versatile. They can even quad. That only leaves one niche for wizards: Raids. For groups vitually any other class is better most of the time.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Aviak

But neither of those classes get Lures or Banes. So wizard spells are most definitely going to land 100%.

Mages are still better. And druids should be healing, not nuking...
Old 08-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

And really the main reason you choose a wizard for raiding is because you actually want to cast nukes on a raid.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And really the main reason you choose a wizard for raiding is because you actually want to cast nukes on a raid.
Casting nukes on a raid is effectively no different than playing a melee. Instead of standing there auto-attacking and pressing an attack skill button on recharge, you press your 1 nuke spell on recharge after a certain point in the fight. Raiding isn't fun and Wizards are shit at most everything else.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Skeleton

ive seen wizards parse keep up on dmg/dps done with dragon bane vs primal rogues.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by notColgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
above poster zuranthium raided for several months with us in empire and spent his entire time during raids standing on top of the dragon pretending to cast nukes, when in reality he was spamming o'keils radiation on the tank
Wrong. I used o'keils during trash mobs cause I didn't want the faction hits. It was the smart thing to do. Poor little crybaby melee, sad you have to sit there auto-attacking?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Perhaps I was bored, then? When 100 people are present and there is no danger at all of a wipe, it's not like it makes a difference. Typical lack of logic from you.

I didn't show up to raids for months on end either, I played for 1 month, sometimes skipping raids to PvP. Nor was there 0 gain, I got several items. If you want to talk about 0 gain, look at the time in your life that you put in and where you are now. 100% sure my time was better spent writing and doing other things during raids.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

If you like to play Wizards play on red.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

zuranthium shut up idiot, quite possibly the most retarded person i ever fucking met, wish strydur did whoop your ass irl. ***CAPITAL PUNCTUATION***
Closed Thread