Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 AM
Banned

Having been in the tail end of Nihlium before their implosion and Empire/Holocaust from Late Kunark to basically every velious 1st but AoW and Sleeper (happened when I quit due to the sheer boredom of velious kcicked in)

I can say that most of core in Nihlium at the time I was in it were unbearable people. Bad attitudes. Always talked big of themselves. I remember vaporize telling people how good he was at the game then as you become more familiar with eq and pvp you realize how average he really is, if not quite poor. Just see the video where he is keyboard turning and has jboots/sow in 3rd or 4th slot??? This from a "pro"...and this dude was basically 2nd incharge and controller of the rmt scheme that was Nihlium.

Empire/holocuast had a nicer core without a doubt.. and I really think this is what drove the sucess of the guild. I never gave to shats about gear myself. Only ever got frustrated over 2 items so that comment isnt laced with a weighed opinion because of gear attainment.

I distinctly remember Colgate helping getting peoples corpses after a raid in ToV before he logged off vrs seeing Nizzar letting people die in trak tunnels after "rushing / camping" to juggs and then leaving them there because they were people that didn't know the way/died and were only apps/new players.

This example alone speaks volumes of the leadership type in both guilds.

Cyren was a nice dude in Empire and really helped the whole offpeak people have things to do...till he got really bitter in Apex/his dislike for people in Empire.

In my experience most people that have a hard on for Nizzar liked him because they were there when the gear flowed, not because he was a nice person.

Most of us wanted to have fun, troll each other and get a kick outta reliving eq/experiencing a new type of EQ with PvP. It was when people started to get bitter and controlling when I personally switched off.
Last edited by White_knight; 11-01-2019 at 06:30 AM..
Old 11-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

if you’re going to build a guild that consumes 99% of the content every week, and expect unquestioned loyalty from your members forever and ever in Norrath and in future MMOs, there should probably be a way to main change or get items for your alts at some point. Nihilium didn’t have that, empire did.

The leadership of empire was also far more chill, didn’t care about spies or elf grudges, and a lot of laughs were had in discord. Nihiium was always paranoid about spies, had a constant paranoia, and the personalities of many of the inner core sucked. Not going to bother naming them ten years later (cough rallyd)

Video games are very serious bro’s
Old 11-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Still, good thread folks

I gotta say even the worst drama here is 10x better than the lawyer crap I'm seeing from blue players about gnoll fangs. Keep up the good work.

Red mental disabilities a lot healthier than blue mental disabilities.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottitanuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is 100% false
There was pvp every 3 days for trakanon and every week for other dragons..

Once Jeriance was added the competition stopped contesting unless it was right in their primetime window because they knew they could just pray for RNG jeriance the next week..

You can check RoZ discord History and see how much less Yellow text happened after jeriance was added and how the server started slowly dying after that ..

yes lots of trolls said it was the best thing ever because they didn't have to contest anymore
I think those guys were able to do way more because of Jeriance and stuck around somewhat at all because of it. Jeriance coincided with your team effectively winning and beginning to dominate the box. Jeriance clearly made it tougher for the top guild to put a stranglehold on the server, and easier for the underdog to have a shot. I can understand why you didn't like it.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lemme fix+ tl:dr this 1 for ya bros
Cringing at this low t beta male
Old 11-01-2019, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the most words I've ever seen Colgate type. And look, he capitalized things! But not the beginnings of sentences. Only IQ, PvP, and ToV. Which proves he does have a shift key.

Anyway. What makes Lite such a fantastic player, Colgate? Or other people?

Also, since you were recruiting to the max, how did you lead all the noobs you must have inevitably taken in? Did you know 100% of everything about EQ yourself and did you hold their hands? Or did you do an epic job of delegating/outsourcing raid leadership and cat-herding? I'd be curious to hear your take on guild leadership if you have time.

Colgate or any of you, actually.
Bro they all sucked and was just no lifers.. I take shits with more EQ experience than any these red con artists. Wipe the shit clean and ends tune pathetic life plz. All these turds do is manipulate the mentally challenged.

Ps. That was more aimed at lite (my little bitch) than Colgate, since I have no knowledge of coolget other than for some reason he’s typing very coherent sentences lately and was a kid that could log in at any time + was bound at the Pom cubby.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the most words I've ever seen Colgate type. And look, he capitalized things! But not the beginnings of sentences. Only IQ, PvP, and ToV. Which proves he does have a shift key.

Anyway. What makes Lite such a fantastic player, Colgate? Or other people?

Also, since you were recruiting to the max, how did you lead all the noobs you must have inevitably taken in? Did you know 100% of everything about EQ yourself and did you hold their hands? Or did you do an epic job of delegating/outsourcing raid leadership and cat-herding? I'd be curious to hear your take on guild leadership if you have time.

Colgate or any of you, actually.
lite was just a quick learner and tried to improve his gameplay in any way possible, which was more than most people were willing to try. he was the first person i saw doing anything with advanced camera perspectives, first person that i remember farming soulfires as a non-paladin (nevermind, heartbrand did this first), etc. he was at least above average at most classes, while most are just average at one, so it puts him above most of the population. he was probably one of the best bards the server ever saw, but i still think crazycloud was the best (and all around best player)

recruiting and leading a guild was mostly a battle of perception/propaganda that our guild was the best option on the server. this often included having to take in undesirable people or total newbies, so it required a lot of extra effort in balancing hand-holding and drama suppression. the core of our guild was already pretty well geared, so it was easy to make political loot decisions to appease the masses instead of putting items maybe where they really should have gone. kunark loot is mostly meaningless, though, so it wasn't a big deal.

i think one of our biggest strengths was constructing the guild to have multiple leaders instead of one. gongshow was realistically THE leader, but responsibilities were spread out pretty evenly. gongshow and i lead raids and were both competent PvP main assists (most guilds struggle to have even one). terpuntine handled most of the clerical management tasks, such as setting up the website, managing DKP, and managing the guild bank. engelburt didn't do much and took a break shortly in, so he was demoted. cyren didn't actually really have any leadership responsibilities. fistlin and omai would come along to help out tremendously with cat-herding when raid sizes swelled to 80s and 90s in velious and gongshow, terpuntine, and i were constantly busy orchestrating the pull team and cleric setups. most of the clerical duties fell to fistlin and omai at that time. the guild never fell apart if one of us wasn't online, but nihilum didn't exist without nizzar, and azrael didn't exist without lite.

the main reason for success, though, was the sheer number of good players we had to carry PvP and raids. most guilds had a small fraction of that amount of really solid players.
Last edited by coolget; 11-01-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
realizing that most of azrael were the exact same as their nihilum sworn enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mostly due to lite's refusal to recruit
cmon dude, you know you are making no sense. Gongshow did not magically appear when the zerg spot opened up for no reason

Quote:
i got critically immersed in the prospect of trolling/griefing once again, so we kicked recruitment into overdrive and took back the server pretty quickly, mostly due to lite's refusal to recruit
You should have stopped at critically immersed. The opportunity was there and you couldn't fight off pixel lust. I think the only person you've managed to convince around here that all the raiding was an elaborate troll, is yourself. I think that's what ticked us off so much about you, seeing someone change so they could become BIS when they used to clown on that kind of shit

I am the only with pure enough pvp blood to have had no interest in that sort of thing. I will concede to that I was delusional in what I thought pvp could be on this specific box. Looking forward to doing things more intelligently. I hope y'all reading The Art of War
Last edited by El Prez; 11-01-2019 at 12:38 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Banned

Dude had no problem corpse camping lesser numbers in rags

Resolved thread
Old 11-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Prez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cmon dude, you know you are making no sense. Gongshow did not magically appear when the zerg spot opened up for no reason

You should have stopped at critically immersed. The opportunity was there and you couldn't fight off pixel lust. I think the only person you've managed to convince around here that all the raiding was an elaborate troll, is yourself. I think that's what ticked us off so much about you, seeing someone change so they could become BIS when they used to clown on that kind of shit

I am the only with pure enough pvp blood to have had no interest in that sort of thing. I will concede to that I was delusional in what I thought pvp could be on this specific box. Looking forward to doing things more intelligently. I hope y'all reading The Art of War
why would gongshow "magically appear when the zerg spot opened up" when he was already in nihilum and in "the zerg"? that doesn't even make sense

we legitimately tried to be a smaller guild that showed up to pvp over raid targets with little interest in actually running a normal guild, but you guys refused any proposal i had about pushing venril sathir past 9 AM on sundays because none of us wanted to log on that early

you guys refused out of bitterness over affiliation with ex-nihilum and how it was finally "your turn" and continued to raid with 40+ people every week with no contest

that is the exact same thing that nihilum did

you guys acted like the same people you lamented over for years, except you refused to recruit, so you got stomped pretty shortly thereafter when we showed up with 45 ourselves
Closed Thread