Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Aviak

Default Low Level Grouping?

Just leveled up to 5 and ran to Gfay hoping to find an orc hill group or something. Totally deserted on a Saturday afternoon.

Am I realistically going to be able to level up without soloing constantly? On Blue, there are groups in every zone at every level at all times. Seems like there is probably nothing here except for maybe at very specific peak hours.

Really trying to see the appeal and give Red a fair shot. Seems to get a lot of praise from the people who play here but already it's a bit disappointing. =/

I'm a cleric btw. Not interested in playing a class like a Druid or Necro for soloing. Ultimately want to join a raiding guild and be useful.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Orc

You gotta advertise a little bit and use /ooc, get people together. I leveled 1-40 by grouping in orc hill, crushbone, unrest, mistmoore, sro, etc. Many of those times the zone had no one in them but within 15-20 mins you got a full group going at it, just takes a little communication.

Also sometimes you'll see a group advertise but they are on another continent -- ask nicely for a port so you can level and you'll very likely find someone to help you get over to the other group.

Also keep an eye on who is in zone and beg for buffs once in awhile. Lots of high-end players pass by all the time and are happy to help.

Edit: I should note that I did this in the last couple of weeks. Just started on the server myself and didn't know anyone. So this isn't advice from like 3 years ago.
Last edited by aGenda; 04-19-2015 at 03:16 PM..
Old 04-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Obviously red has 1/5th the population as blue so no you won't find groups as easily. On the other hand this can make it easier to group sometimes because the best camps are usually open. You need to make some buddies and ooc LFG. Groups can be found and made if you really want to. Good luck
Old 04-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

The social aspect is a bigger part of red than it is on blue. You gotta get out there, get friends on your /friends list, ooc all day long that you're Lfg or lfm and pray. Prey on the weak.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Never had probs finding groups on red, getting a port or bind near your group good luck!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Ok, I get it...groups will not fall into my lap.

I admit that the exp bonus does some to counteract that. But I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea of having to /ooc all day hoping to get a group and potentially not finding one. This is not a strategy which favors someone who cannot play in blocks of several hours at a time.

The end-game situation on red does seem much more appealing than blue, so I am willing to give it a shot for that. But I must say that Red's propaganda game is strong. Things are not rainbows and butterflies here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned

1/5th the pop and 5x the exp

means people will level out of cb fast

if you cant kill orcs on your own you will be shit on anyways
Old 04-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromgard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just leveled up to 5 and ran to Gfay hoping to find an orc hill group or something. Totally deserted on a Saturday afternoon.

Am I realistically going to be able to level up without soloing constantly? On Blue, there are groups in every zone at every level at all times. Seems like there is probably nothing here except for maybe at very specific peak hours.

Really trying to see the appeal and give Red a fair shot. Seems to get a lot of praise from the people who play here but already it's a bit disappointing. =/

I'm a cleric btw. Not interested in playing a class like a Druid or Necro for soloing. Ultimately want to join a raiding guild and be useful.
Brom there's either orcs and CB belts for a cleric, or you can head to Nektulos with your ward undead spell and take out some zombies near the EC zoneline, or maybe some at the crossroads in BB if not.

For leveling purposes remember you're an undead wizard too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred schnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/5th the pop and 5x the exp

means people will level out of cb fast

[...]
I guess what I was getting at is: is this going to be a trend at all levels?

Is there any point where it is relatively common to walk into a group in a popular zone such as Unrest, Mistmoore, Guk, etc.?

Or is it pretty much a barren wasteland til you hit 50+?

I get some of the appeals to red. There are some substantial advantages compared to blue. But I'm seeing that the population might actually be a pretty big roadblock to people getting started here.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

I'd be up for some stable grouping, will catch up & PM you.