Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Kobold

I have chanter and shaman, both are fun but the difference is on my chanter I have to be alert and can die with one little slip up, meanwhile the shaman I can drink a 12 pack, root rot 6 mobs or torpor thru most things with ease.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also very fragile.
You wouldn't call a geared 60 ogre warrior fragile just because he can't break a camp of level 45s without clickies, would you? But you're going to call a 60 enchanter fragile even though he could solo that camp naked and with rez effects?

Enchanters are perceived as fragile because of the situations they put themselves into, not because of what the class can actually do. In what world could anyone possibly think a mage is less fragile than an enchanter? A mage who has no stuns, roots, runes, slow? In a world where you're comparing a chanter soloing a level 55 mob in the bottom of a dungeon to an epic mage killing seafuries 2 at a time, of course.

Sure, sure. If a chanter and a warrior just stand there doing nothing while being attacked, the enchanter will die first. But that really isn't a good measure of how tough the class can be in the solo context.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-02-2015 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters have no way of healing them self solo.

Once your rune has been eaten, if not reapplied your damage is irreprable without waiting an extremely long time to regen. That is the one thing that I find fragile about my enchanter.

And a hasted dual wielding pet will absolutely crush me. I had 3 back to back stun interrupts from full HP + Rune -> death. Was a very sad occurrence. Not much I could do other than pray my stun actually channeled; all 2 seconds of it. But I suppose that's to be expected when you only have like 1800 HP including rune and your pet quads for 144.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

@Tecmos: What you describe is skill. Basically, if you do everything right, an enchanter is very robust. But the margin of error is very thin, making him fragile. Wheras as a necro, you just have to remember that FD button in 99.9% of situations, simple.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

In 90% of situations on Enchanter you just have to Stun -> Mez or Stun -> AE Mez as well.

I just see them as fragile because no way to heal self. If your rune goes down and you take 50% damage you are 50% HP for the rest of the fight and awhile after that. A Necro on the other hand can heal themselves with lots of life tapping if necessary.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Kobold

im curious as well and would like to tag on with this question...

56 enchanter here, leveled almost exclusively via charming.. but im starting to wonder where i can make all this money that people talk about when they say how good enchanters are for making platinum. it seems like everything that makes good cash is either uncampable and difficult to do with charming (seafuries) or big item camps that require atleast a duo/trio to do. does anyone have any places they can share with me or tips about how i can use my enchanter for profit? right now im just leveling in CoM 2nd+3rd but that isnt great platinum. im wondering if there are any good camps i can hold down solo that will give some consistent platinum. my goal is to make 200k platinum in the next couple months, and im starting to think i may need to roll a necro just to make money by leveling up and consistently farming.

i leveled so quickly with charming that now im sitting here approaching endgame not really sure where to go after that. i just want to get a good twink fund going.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Aviak

If you are having a hard time murdering Seafurys at lv 56 I don't know what to tell you. My 52 chanter with normal pet eats them up and makes 1k in gems in no-time while pretty much afk. Pull with slow, haste pet, rebuff bezr skin, profit.

Look at the /ooc items that are selling for good plat and camp them, OR research your own camps that will offer good items to sell. As a chanter you have alot of options...
Old 10-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzerzazz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are having a hard time murdering Seafurys at lv 56 I don't know what to tell you. My 52 chanter with normal pet eats them up and makes 1k in gems in no-time while pretty much afk. Pull with slow, haste pet, rebuff bezr skin, profit.

Look at the /ooc items that are selling for good plat and camp them, OR research your own camps that will offer good items to sell. As a chanter you have alot of options...
Go to Ac island and charm the high elf merchant there(dwarf 2 islands over is higher lvl). Pull with tash, send pet and fear seafury. Your pet will take zero damage, you will stay at fm. Pet breaks charm just mez and recharm.

Not to be mean. But if you're using an animation at 50+ your crazy unless your killing lvl 30s mobs.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzerzazz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is sound advice. Enchanter pet is not a push over, it can murder seafuries. I've seen an enchanter using the 49 pet ravage seafuries that are slowed, pet hasted + buffed with only enchanter spells. You can even throw a dot onto the seafury if you want to.
I duo with an enchanter all the time(55+), If we don't want to deal with charms breaking we use enchanter pet and it out performs the shamans pets. I'd even go as far as to compare it to a mage earth elemental with no root proc.
Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 10-14-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Aviak

I hear you Q it is that easy, just saying I like lazy afk farming. Charming is effort and hasted npc pets are scary.
Closed Thread