Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Large Rat

The other day i noticed my refresh rate of my screen was 59 in windows which was listed in the NIVIDIA control panel. Then I noticed within EQ my refresh rate was 60. I don't really understand what the difference really is... however when I made my EQ refresh rate 59 to match what the NIVIDIA control panel said. my crashes went away and my video performance got signigicantly better. Also I switch from windowed to full screen now instantly.. isntead of it taking a few seconds and crashing from time to time. No more zone crashes either
Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Large Bat

I am now all of a sudden crashing over 50 percent of the time when I zone. Just freezes and I have to control/alt/delete out of eq.

I had developed the "no server select screen" at login just recently and it seems to have fixed itself for the most part. Still happens but I can usually get in pretty fast now. But since that has gone away, actually just today out of nowhere I am freezing like mad more than half the time I zone. After some research here I've tried some of the suggestions to no avail. What is going on and how does this just develop all of a sudden? This problem I see has many more subscribers than the no server select screen.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwarlock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am now all of a sudden crashing over 50 percent of the time when I zone. Just freezes and I have to control/alt/delete out of eq.

I had developed the "no server select screen" at login just recently and it seems to have fixed itself for the most part. Still happens but I can usually get in pretty fast now. But since that has gone away, actually just today out of nowhere I am freezing like mad more than half the time I zone. After some research here I've tried some of the suggestions to no avail. What is going on and how does this just develop all of a sudden? This problem I see has many more subscribers than the no server select screen.
I am getting this exact same problem too.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I just joined the server last week and have been having zoning crashes since the begining. I have played with the video settings, changed from window mode to full screen mode, checked refresh rates. Last night I tried playing without my protection software running and it seemed to zone OK, crashed once. I will need to play with it some more with the AV off to see if that is part of the problem.

I also have issues logging in. I usually have to spend 10-20 minutes trying to log in over and over. I sometimes get that my IP has been temporarily blocked or it just seems to time out and send me back to the user/pass screen.

I have loved the experience so far as I am an old time EQ player, it has been 7 years since I played last. I just hope to get over these bugs so I have more time to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Pretty much ready to quit over these bugs now - it is ridiculous - takes about 30mins to an hour to get back on after a crash as well.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have also been having problems logging in. I get a lot of time-outs and when I do log in, I get a server selection screen but no servers. Logging in can be an (poor) adventure itself. To me, it seems that if someone has a connection that is not almost perfect, you will suffer these problems.

I am not a computer whiz, so sorry if my observations and conclusions are way off or sound stupid, but it seems that while zoning some packets get lost, or latency causes problems that cause you to freeze. I have just let it sit and have zoned in after about 8 minutes of watching 'Zoning into east commons...'.
Hope this helps.
I haven't had a lot of problems but I did get to the blank server screen 2 times yesterday when I realized I was torrenting on my main computer instead of my torrent server.

Once I paused the download I was able to get in. For some reason this strikes me as odd becuase I have about a million times better bandwidth on T1 than I did on dialup playing live 11 years ago.. No reason why I should not be able to squeeze enough packets out for a game that does not need that much information.

Also I crash every time I die and zone back to my body..same zone.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Aviak

I am having similar issues now, after the last server side patch I have been crashing to login about 1 in 5 zone/load's. Sometime I am lucky and just crash to login 1 in 10 times I zone.

I have never had this issue till the last server side patch, and I could not possibly give ya any information that could have caused it. This crash happens on all characters, and seems to be random at times.

Edit: It seems to me a possible ping to client issue, the loader does not show on screen just before the crash just the "Loading in [Add Zone Name here]". Takes about 1 min to boot me to login if it does not start the bottom load %.
Last edited by Cyclone; 11-09-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Kobold

I have since loaded up EQ PLaynice and let it run, it does not seem to crash nearly as frequent anymore either.

might be worth looking into.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Skeleton

Crashing every 3 zones or so, getting quite fed up with it, dont have any of these issues on any of the other servers on emu, so its definitely server side issue.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tried coming back on 3 times , doesnt work, just for this zone.. HELP!