Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Orc

Default EQ vs WoW Blog

I've recently started playing WoW and EQ at the same time, kind of on accident. However, now that I'm playing both of them I can really pinpoint the differences pretty accurately. For those interested, or maybe want to contribute check out my blog. http://www.shelbyfoister.com

Feel free to leave your comment.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Orc

There is no comparison. It's like trying to compare 'new' light bulbs to regular older ones. Is it more energy efficient? Yes. Do they cost more? Yes. Am I going to run out right now and replace every one in my house just because its more efficient and everyone else is doing it? No.

It's all personal preference, and UO/EQ1 surely started this trend of MMORPGs. And why does everyone compare everything to WoW anyways? That is one of the worst games ever made due to who it was direct towards, adolescent teenagers with anger problems and sorrow, and Everquest, was geared towards a more mature audience, same in following with Everquest 2.

Please enlighten me.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Orc

Perhaps you should have read my blog before you posted?

It's more of an old gamer mentality vs new gamer mentality than a WoW vs EQ comparison. They are just opposite ends of the spectrum, and so they are the most commonly compared.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Orc

I understand, and I apologize for that rant there.

Have a GREAT day! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand, and I apologize for that rant there.

Have a GREAT day! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accepted, thanks.

I think we just demonstrated a difference in demographic between EQ and WoW. Lol :P
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Tunarian from Cazic Thule circa 99-01?

If so, hey man - played Crover during that period (dwf/rog).

On topic, have you ever played Vanguard? It offers a good balance between questing/instant gratification and the slower, more prodding adventure that is Everquest.

It has its positives and negatives, but if you give it a shot into the 30s at least, you will find a gem. For me it is the right fit.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Orc

Yep, that's me. I remember you, but I don't quite remember a guild. I want to say you were a member of TR for a while? No? Regardless I remember you. Lol

I played VG when it released. I really am reluctant to get involved now because I'm afraid of getting into it and having it close down on me.

Edit: Crover, were you ever in Element of Darkness with me?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crover_CT99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunarian from Cazic Thule circa 99-01?

If so, hey man - played Crover during that period (dwf/rog).

On topic, have you ever played Vanguard? It offers a good balance between questing/instant gratification and the slower, more prodding adventure that is Everquest.

It has its positives and negatives, but if you give it a shot into the 30s at least, you will find a gem. For me it is the right fit.
I think Vanguard is quite cool personally. But my wife says she don't wanna put that much time into it, for fear of Sony pulling the plug on it..
Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Vanguard is quite cool personally. But my wife says she don't wanna put that much time into it, for fear of Sony pulling the plug on it..
This would be my issue as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, that's me. I remember you, but I don't quite remember a guild. I want to say you were a member of TR for a while? No? Regardless I remember you. Lol

I played VG when it released. I really am reluctant to get involved now because I'm afraid of getting into it and having it close down on me.

Edit: Crover, were you ever in Element of Darkness with me?
That was one of the Crover players after me. I sold my character in 2001. It passed through a few hands after that (Bowzyr, Smyte) while in TR/EoD I believe.

I was an officer/founder of Adjudicators of Wrath (AoW) near launch with my brother. You might remember us, we were basically a 2nd tier raiding guild. We were there for the first Inno slaying (joint EA/CC/whoever raid - I got the Vexthorne, which certainly chapped Oaklandbash's ass), and most of the early PoH clears and what not.

You might remember Psomm, Vendra, or Manorien from those days, as they were some of our more visible members in the high end stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
This would be my issue as well.
Honestly I say live for today guys. Yeah the game could be shut down tomorrow, but it's still fun for the time being. Hell, this project is probably just as volatile, if not for different reasons.

Interestingly enough, a dev might have actually solved the hitching. My general opinion has been that it will be quite improbable for their single dev to solve what has apparently been a mystery to their coders for years. That or they never actually tried to find it. But, it's been a solid 2 days for my brother and I without a single hitch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hopefully it keeps up.
Closed Thread