Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people should be willing to help with keeping hasten locked in place, just ask in zone.
Hasten will run off after not being hailed for like 10 seconds. Just hail spam till he stops, stick 1 item in trade, hail again, stick another in trade, hail again, etc. Don't really need help from anyone for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2021, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you in a guild? If not join one. Group with guildies when you can. Be social in pick up groups (I find that people might not talk unless prompted but once one or two people start chatting in the group everyone will join in)...add people to your friends list if you get along.

If you’re in a guild, I’d recommend joining their discord and chatting there as people seem to be pretty active in the discord’s in most guilds. Don’t worry about making friends, it’s just like RL, put yourself into the situation and be social and you’ll make those P99 friends in time
I am generally a pretty quiet person so that does make it tough. I do appreciate the advice though. Level 30 and I haven't really grouped once so far. I would like to join a guild, and there are a couple I am interested in (have had good experiences with folks in them) but I need to wait till 40 before asking about joining. My big worry there is that they will say no, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 45 mage can 100% camp the ocean of tears AC, then you can just MQ it to your wizard - people should be willing to help with keeping hasten locked in place, just ask in zone.

As for pegasus cloak, I've gotten her on my ranger many times solo (though track helps a ton) - if you go during off hours when few people are zone and use pet tracking to see when she spawns you have a decent chance of getting her - just check the SW spawn point first and then run and check her other two paths... though without SoW or JBoots it is tedious.
I may actually do that, the OoT AC. Generally how long does one expect to wait if they head there and join a list?

The pegasus cloak, while that would be nice, I'm not too stressed over. Maybe one day I'll make a ranger friend. I do have levitate as a spell which is cool, and that'll be good enough for now.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasten will run off after not being hailed for like 10 seconds. Just hail spam till he stops, stick 1 item in trade, hail again, stick another in trade, hail again, etc. Don't really need help from anyone for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will need help if I'm MQing for myself. The time it takes to log off, potentially crash (does this happen to all of you as much as it does to me?) and log back in, he'll definitely be long gone. But I can probably find someone to spam hail him in the 2mins or so it takes to get back.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am generally a pretty quiet person so that does make it tough. I do appreciate the advice though. Level 30 and I haven't really grouped once so far. I would like to join a guild, and there are a couple I am interested in (have had good experiences with folks in them) but I need to wait till 40 before asking about joining. My big worry there is that they will say no, though.

I may actually do that, the OoT AC. Generally how long does one expect to wait if they head there and join a list?

The pegasus cloak, while that would be nice, I'm not too stressed over. Maybe one day I'll make a ranger friend. I do have levitate as a spell which is cool, and that'll be good enough for now.
Why wait till 40? Unless you’re joining one of the main raiding guilds they won’t care what level you are
Old 05-22-2021, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Side note don't be afraid of paying 5-6k for MQ. If a player tries to rip you off. /Petition Its a bannable offense. And clearly tell them that your opening a petition. (just don't get a MQ by someone below lvl 35 bc thats probably a red flag)
Wait...what? If I want to sell you a plain old rusty dagger for 100pp, that's my prerogative. If you want to buy said plain old rusty dagger for 100pp that's yours. The owner sets the price. You can take it, leave it or try and bargain with them. You'd be filling 100's of petitions per day with the ripoff prices people charge for stuff in EC, and to no result.

Now if I tell you plain old rusty dagger is a special piece needed for a quest or whatnot (knowing that it isn't) and still trying to pass it off as such, then I have defrauded you which is covered in the PNP.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 05-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wait till 40? Unless you’re joining one of the main raiding guilds they won’t care what level you are
The guild I have my eye on requires level 40 I think. And I do really want to raid eventually. It's still a dream of mine to see a raid zone one day.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will need help if I'm MQing for myself. The time it takes to log off, potentially crash (does this happen to all of you as much as it does to me?) and log back in, he'll definitely be long gone. But I can probably find someone to spam hail him in the 2mins or so it takes to get back.
Well that's true, he'll definitely run off in that time. Luckily, there is no time limit on turning in a MQ. Just catch him when he passes in the loop next time and finish the final item.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:37 AM
Aviak

Holy shit, just do something and stop being such a pussy. It is a fucking video game.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:38 AM
Aviak

I bet you would be a fucking nightmare guildmate.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The guild I have my eye on requires level 40 I think. And I do really want to raid eventually. It's still a dream of mine to see a raid zone one day.
Oh gotcha well best of luck! The planes are pretty cool especially, enjoy the journey! And ignore the jerk above me with his replies
Closed Thread