Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-23-2017, 02:01 AM
Large Rat

Default Spell file out of date v44

I've downloaded the P99Files44 from the sticky post and extracted them to my Everquest folder and the spells_us is dated 1/1/2017 but I keep getting this error that my spell file is out of date.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I've uninstalled 3 times and extracted the files and overwrite everything and no dice.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

Did you install to the default program files directory? If so try moving (just copy and paste) your EQ directory somewhere else, say C:\Sony\Everquest, re-patch and update your shortcuts to point to the new path and try again.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 03-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Large Rat

I found out the issue was actually because my antivirus was deleting the dsetup.dll file and I never noticed. Once I told my AV to not scan the everquest folder I've been able to log into the game without getting the spells are out of date error.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Large Rat

Apparently the issue was that I never noticed my anti virus deleting the dsetup.dll file in the Everquest folder. That was causing the spells be out of date error when I tried to log in. When I set my AV to ignore this folder and stop deleting that file, I can login fine now.