Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

When slowed the OT hammer swings about once per 20 seconds. As you make 2 procs per min, aka 0.66 procs per 20 seconds, most times you will get that proc on the first swing.

When hasted you swing the OT hammer every 2.5 seconds, meaning only a 1/12 chance proc to swing. Note each individual swing is unlikely to proc, but you are hasted so you make more swings. The high sample rate means you are more likely to end up close to the expected time of 30 seconds of fighting before procing than the 1 hit wonder when you are slowed (if you don't proc on the first two swings when slowed, you're already behind on the expected procs per min).
Last edited by Jimjam; 12-10-2018 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im curious about the claims here.
Im only saying the nature's defender would do more damage is not mainly due to the 2 weapon dmg increase. Im looking at the delay. For 2h Weapons, the higher the delay the more bonus damage you get. (the amount is a lot higher the 1h damage bonus) - >
The scaling damage bonus is used to compensate for slower weapons. If the ratios are close but one is 10% (ish) slower if they had the same damage bonus the faster weapon would do consistently more damage. In the law of averages sometimes the ND will our damage the FD and visa versa. Damage per hour though they should be pretty close.

Average hit for the ND will be higher than the FD making it a better joust weapon. That said, an Earthshaker or Narandi is the best droppable Jouster for a Pally unless you have like 100k for a Tantor’s Tusk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now about the procs. I think I understand your claim which is your basing the proc rates on a procs per minute scale correct?
Like lets say I wield a weapon hasted for 1 minute and then wield the same weapon not hasted for 1 minute after.
You're claim is the result = same amount of procs occur in a one minute duration?
I know it says it on like the wiki and stuff so im not going to discredit your idea..
But why is it...
For OT hammers... someone could be trying to proc the hammer on someone for what ive seen up to 2 minutes without a proc
And if whenever i need to OT proc i just slow myself and get it off the first swing? ( 90% of the time )
Law of averages. 1-2ppm for main hand weapons depending on dex. You could go on a streak of 5 in a minute or not see one for 2 mins. Flip a coin 10 times and count up each result, you have a 50/50 chance of either but it’s likely heads or tails will win out. Flip the coin 1000 times and the tally for will be closer.

As your swing over minute goes down your proc chance per swing increases. The Earthshaker procs on average more per “swing” due to the 70 delay. It doesn’t proc more per min unless the RNG gods smile upon you.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Banned

I'll test that out later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] see how many procs i get slowed and how many hasted in 1 minute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Craslith starts procing @ 20 and its amazing in unrest.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

FD and ND are pretty damn close. Really the only slam dunk distinguishing factor is epic bash capability.

Other than that FD has 10 more stam, 20 more total (and balanced) saves, and 45 more hp. ND has 30 more AC and 10 more dex. It’s easier by far to get and IMO much better looking. Ratio wise it’s a wash. FD will always be better for raw dps. 35/40 > 38/46, but the slower delay on ND will absolutely make it easier to get spell casts off with less loss in dps. Their procs are almost identical.

If ND had bash capabilities I’d use it hands down for the ac and fashionquest alone. 45 ac on a weapon is pretty damn stout.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread