Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

I was curious, how is sk epic vs greenmist?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:13 PM
Kobold

If I'm not using my eipc, it's the nev claw and SoM or the great spear of dawn when the spell Haste and buffs are there. Otherwise, it's pretty much always the epic.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

It depends on what you want to do. Want to run through the quest for fun/lore/travel fine go for it. If you are going to duo or solo, you still want to have better dps which you said there are better ratio 2 handers and while the proc is neat it probably wont make up for the worse ratio and a fungi is a more consistent heal. I don't use my SK that often but content with Lance and eye/sev shield when I do use him. He's iksar so i'll probably get the greenmist just because even though it's worse than the 25/25 tov 1hander.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are really trying to defend SK dps? Lol

Next we'll be seeing wizards with Willsappers tanking Vindi.

Back to reality here - like I was saying don't worry about your dps because it's not important to your class. Sk epic is good for everything you need to do including hur durr dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Well, with my claw I'm doing about 45dps, with epic its 60 to 80 dps, and with the spear it can parse anywhere from 65 to 120 dps so it's worth paying some attention to.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was curious, how is sk epic vs greenmist?
Gonna be awesome for Iksar SK's.

When you compare it to Innoruuks curse you can't just look at them side by side. You have to realize you're gonna have a big ass plank in your secondary giving great stats and resists.

Turns out with Atramentous shield it will be basically the same as epic except have better snap aggro and better MR while still giving a good siphon effect. The extra 35 mr from that combo is great for resisting dragon AE while tanking and various magic based robots while pulling.

And good dps 😋

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, with my claw I'm doing about 45dps, with epic its 60 to 80 dps, and with the spear it can parse anywhere from 65 to 120 dps so it's worth paying some attention to.
Put up or shut up. You're not doing 120 dps with that spear.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put up or shut up. You're not doing 120 dps with that spear.
Up to that much, that's if rngesus happens to love me while I'm fully buffed and hasted. If I have unlucky rounds with lots of missing, the numbers can drop off fast with the high delay. That's why the dps range is so wide when it's parsed.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Are you parsing at orc 1?

Doesn't count

Quote:

Old 10-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna be awesome for Iksar SK's.

When you compare it to Innoruuks curse you can't just look at them side by side. You have to realize you're gonna have a big ass plank in your secondary giving great stats and resists.

Turns out with Atramentous shield it will be basically the same as epic except have better snap aggro and better MR while still giving a good siphon effect. The extra 35 mr from that combo is great for resisting dragon AE while tanking and various magic based robots while pulling.

And good dps 😋
So is it worth it to make a iksar sk only because of greenmist? I really have no desire to make a iksar besides that (regent is bonus points)
Closed Thread