Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wasn't this posted under rants and flames?
That's a good point. I probably should have posted it there. Maybe a moderator will move it.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

You sound bad at eq

2box crutch lmao
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Aviak

The reason you even want to play here is because this server has a healthy population.

The reason the server has a healthy population is because boxing isn't allowed.

Go play a ghost town server that allows boxing, guess what, boxing is why it's a ghost town...

Every 3-6 months someone makes a post like this, this idea isn't new and it's actually terrible.

Make friends, play with others, or just go play a single player game since that is what boxing is anyway.
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound bad at eq

2box crutch lmao

It actually takes some skill to 2-box. It took some practice to get good at it. Anyone can master one KB and one mouse. But it takes skill to master two, LOL.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

You said you levelled a cleric to rez yourself though. That tells me a lot.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said you levelled a cleric to rez yourself though. That tells me a lot.
No I didn't say that. I said I leveled a Druid to 60 and a Cleric to 60 on different accounts. The cleric mostly grouped where the Druid was mostly solo with some grouping. I liked playing both classes and I was able to use each class to assist the other when assistance was needed. So if the Cleric needed invis to safely get from a zoneline to a specific camp then I had the Druid available to do that. If the Druid needed a rez then I had a Cleric available to do that.

If it was 4 am and the server was dead then I could group them up and get some XP as a team (although Cleric/Druid combo isn't the best duo I could think of).

It gave me more versatility and I found it to be fun. You don't have to agree of course as to each his own and all that.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

The list of camps a druid/cleric can duo that the druid can't already solo is pretty small.

Danth
Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Aviak

A reoccurring charge would imply a sale of services. This would probably bring down more cease and desist from Sony as they would feel like people are making money off their products.

So it would have to be more of a donation tier thing, and that is just a slippery slope to pay to win.

And once every AM member gets their 2nd box online and they are fielding 225 people for Vulak spawns the ones that don't have access to 2boxing would cry foul.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list of camps a druid/cleric can duo that the druid can't already solo is pretty small.

Danth
Agreed. The Druid getting XP was never a problem. Between quad kiting and animal charming the road to 60 is easy for a Druid. Even the dreaded 55-60 is no problem if you are willing to spend the time in Permafrost bear pits killing the polar bears.

But the Cleric is another story. Soloing gets harder and harder the higher level you get and eventually becomes next to impossible. Which is fine because they are more of a grouping class. But when there are no groups, which happens, then it's nice to have a means of getting some XP.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Kobold

They can't ever charge for anything here because of their agreement with the official EQ owners.

2boxing also means the people with 10 level 60s can swap in and buff themselves with all their characters, swap to combos appropriate for each pull/encounter etc, effectively 3boxing anyway.

It would also kill Dial a Port as an easy and casual means for new players to make decent side money, since everyone would have a druid port bot.
Closed Thread