Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can't ever charge for anything here because of their agreement with the official EQ owners.
I had not thought of it that way. Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2boxing also means the people with 10 level 60s can swap in and buff themselves with all their characters, swap to combos appropriate for each pull/encounter etc, effectively 3boxing anyway.
IDK. Lvl 60's run around and buff everyone anyway. I have seen more C2's and HB's offered in lvl 20 & 30 zones here on this sever then I ever did on live back in the day.

Quote:
It would also kill Dial a Port as an easy and casual means for new players to make decent side money, since everyone would have a druid port bot.
I don't think it would kill them but it would definitely cut into there business some. Not everyone would two box if it were allowed. Most people I knew back in 99-01 didn't two box. Some did but most didn't.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-05-2018, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Legal Boxing on p99 is a terrible idea! Would ruin the server
Old 12-05-2018, 02:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually takes some skill to 2-box. It took some practice to get good at it. Anyone can master one KB and one mouse. But it takes skill to master two, LOL.
This game doesn’t take much skill. It was trivialized easily by most in 1999. Why wasn’t this thread posted in RnF? Kittens must be embarrassed to have you in their guild with you shitting up server chat with this garbage thread.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game doesn’t take much skill. It was trivialized easily by most in 1999. Why wasn’t this thread posted in RnF? Kittens must be embarrassed to have you in their guild with you shitting up server chat with this garbage thread.
It takes more skill then you think. Especially for classes like Cleric, Enchanter, Bard & Monk. And two boxing back in the day did take some fast reaction for both hands on two separate mice and or keyboards when a pull goes bad or adds show up unexpectedly.

The only embarrassing thing I see is your response to a relatively civil thread.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:48 AM
Orc

K go PM the staffers how that you want to 2-box brah
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
K go PM the staffers how that you want to 2-box brah
That won't be necessary. I had previously stated in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it won't happen. Just like Luclin won't happen. Just like Republicans and Democrats getting along won't happen. But it should [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why but the word "brah" makes me think of the 2 fast 2 furious movie. Which was a crappy movie IMO. They didn't really start getting good until Fast 5 when The Rock joined the team.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:00 AM
Orc

Why not just go play on Coirnav or some other progression server where you can legally have your own bot army.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Like boxing? Go play ANY other EQemu server or join the Daybreak fanboys who are all 4-5 boxing.

Why won't you play there? No community feeling? Why's that I wonder?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Why not just go play on Coirnav or some other progression server where you can legally have your own bot army.
I never had a bot army in the first place. I had two accounts back in 99 with three or four characters on each account but only two of them ever got 60+ in levels. The Druid and the Cleric.

I enjoyed soloing with the Druid but my main focus with the Cleric was grouping and raiding. I really enjoy being the healer of a group or part of a CH chain on a raid.

But back then LoiO always had at least 4 groups going at the sarnak fort alone. The Giant fort in FM was loaded with pickup groups as well. And DL was hitting the pickup group lottery. Probably 6+ groups easy which all needed a healer.

Now you go LoiO and the sarnak fort is fully popped with no one there. The people who are fighting in the zone are mostly soloing. FM has people farming earings at the giant fort but they are not pickup groups LFM. DL outside KC has maybe 1 group and a few soloers at any given time.

So I have to go where the pickup groups are on this server which is unrest, mistmoore and eventually COM. But one thing I have noticed is there is a lot of clerics out there. I have been to Mistmoore before where there was only 3 active groups (CY, GY and CE). All groups had a healer and were not looking for another. Meanwhile there was three clerics besides myself all lfg. I eventually got a group but I had to sit there for a few hours waiting for the other LFG clerics to give up and one of the grouped clerics to want to go to bed.

That was a situation where a two box would have meant I could have gotten some XP during those two hours where I did literally nothing but wait. I can't solo in mistmoore because singles are next to impossible and nothing is considered undead as far as my nukes go.

I'm surprised more people who two boxed then don't feel the same as I do. Or maybe they do but they don't post about it because they would get flamed.

It's just my opinion.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But back then LoiO always had at least 4 groups going at the sarnak fort alone. The Giant fort in FM was loaded with pickup groups as well. And DL was hitting the pickup group lottery. Probably 6+ groups easy which all needed a healer.

Now you go LoiO and the sarnak fort is fully popped with no one there. The people who are fighting in the zone are mostly soloing. FM has people farming earings at the giant fort but they are not pickup groups LFM. DL outside KC has maybe 1 group and a few soloers at any given time.
Go back a few years and LOIO always had a ledge group at the very least, sometimes there'd be a war between the ledge group and a group pulling the front entrance for mobs. Unfortunately people get wise about zone experience modifiers and tend to stick to an increasingly narrow leveling route.

As for the rest of the post, there's days when there's no healers, and days when there's no tanks... the ebb and flow of these zones is always like that. The best way to combat what you're experiencing is to have a different character in each leveling zone.

For example me at the moment:-

52 enchanter in KC
46 bard in CoM
(nobody in MM)
18 paladin in Unrest

...and trying to re-ding 60 on my necro if there's nothing else going on.

Also also, remember you can play red server at the same time as blue (just leaving this here to see who bites)

Give yourself options [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]