Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

We could probably help staff out by creating an item reimbursement thread in rnf. We’ll let you know how ridiculous your request is or not to wait 3-6 or more months for your reimbursement.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

inb4 jboots shenanigans
Old 12-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Don't fuck up
Old 12-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very sorry I threw my treasures on the ground, Menden. I am not a smart elf.

... However I would still be very happy to see those pixels again. I'll make a very glorious MS Paint in honor of the reimburser.
hah, thanks for the laugh.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Aviak

I know OP isn't complaining but I figured I'd say this anyway.

This is supposed to be a hardcore brutal game, maybe it is just me but I don't make mistakes that require GM intervention for reimbursement when I play this.

I have never needed help cause I botched something and even if I did, that's Everquest, the brutal nature of the game is why most of us play here. Plenty of easier games out there.

Point is the fact they do anything at all to help people is far beyond what we deserve and should even get because this is a free server with volunteers. Personally, I am glad it takes them a while to get requests dealt with, you'll be more careful next time because you know it takes months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everquest is supposed to be a detail-oriented adventure and we have the wiki to help with most of that.

TLDR: Control your mouse clicks, use drop confirm, and reread everything you do quest wise 6 times on the wiki AND use allakhazam comments or even archives if needed to make absolutely sure you are doing everything correctly
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Seems legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't hold your breath on reimbursements, no GM = no reimbursements.

"normal" and fully staffed, shouldn't be longer than a month.

For the folks reading this, if 99.9% of you double checked your turn ins it would save us a lot of time.
Ouch tread carefuly in the world of norath for we have forsaken our god and he has abandoned us because were not worthy!!! Stop counting on the GM safe fall of reembusing items you messed up by not reading enough or paying attention and botching a turn in. The community is getting its "just deserts" for the actions of a few scumbags recently and the rest of us eat the consequnces of the dirt few that exist.. were not worthy...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

I'm still waiting on a petition from 11/4 for an item reimbursement. The petition thread has been viewed 23 times but no luck yet. I thought sirken was still staying on as a gm for this type of stuff, but just not going to be involved in the raid scene any more?

And for all of you saying "play better etc. etc." keep in mind this is an old game that has the occasional bug. I am sure your tune would change if an Npc just ate your quest items at the end of a very long quest. Yes I triple checked wiki, allakhazam, and forums and am 100% sure that I handed in the two correct items to the correct NPC. So just keep in mind reimbursements aren't always failed mqs or careless mistakes.

I do however echo the sentiments of thanks towards the volunteer staff for everything that they do. I can imagine it is often a thankless job, but I'm sure most of us do appreciate everything that is put into making p99 go, even if it isn't always expressed.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'm still missing those 6 manastones that trade glitched a few months back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

I think forever is about normal
Old 12-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

I had one that reached 3.5 months.

When the response came in I missed it and petition was closed a few weeks later, never bothered submitting another.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Closed Thread