Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cats on the moon, interface, graphics, AA's...oh and 2 poorly thought out classes.
Beastlord was the only class released with Luclin.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the majority* of players here believe classic-Velious had the right idea.

Luclin onward.. I just can't get onboard with. I played the expansions up to like omens of war. It was all right, but mostly just a big waste of my time.

I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
thank god
Old 03-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMauzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beastlord was the only class released with Luclin.
Haha well I quit then so it shouldn't be a surprise I dont remember the details! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly about Luclin turned everyone off to EQ?
The great fail for me was the whole key system opposed to the faction system in Velious.

In Velious, you could farm the faction if you missed your guild's raids for a time (i.e. hollidays). In luclin if you missed the week your guild took Emperor down, you were screwed and out of your guild bussiness in VT.

There were some good things in Luclin in my opinion, such as the Cursed cycle or the Arch Lich in SSRA or the Burrower event, and that mob that casted Divine Aura on himself all the time was fun too. I could use some of the AAs too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But mostly I think the original trilogy is what I missed more when I started in the first progression server and that's why I'm here now.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

I like to think of the original EQ Trilogy like the original Star Wars trilogy. Flawed but incredible! And anything after SoV is like the new star wars movies/TV shows... bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to think of the original EQ Trilogy like the original Star Wars trilogy. Flawed but incredible! And anything after SoV is like the new star wars movies/TV shows... bah.
Auv you just blew my mind. Like Star Trek I, II and III!

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can take a different class through the game and enjoy it again. Perhaps a melee instead of a caster. Or a good instead of an evil.
In EQ there is such little different between classes it really isn't worth it. I mean there are some unique classes that are fun like bards and enchanters, but for the most part, you cast a few spells a fight or click auto-attack with an occasional kick/back stab/bash in between. There isn't a huge different in combat between classes when grouping.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In EQ there is such little different between classes it really isn't worth it. I mean there are some unique classes that are fun like bards and enchanters, but for the most part, you cast a few spells a fight or click auto-attack with an occasional kick/back stab/bash in between. There isn't a huge different in combat between classes when grouping.
At 50+, monks and rogues might both autoattack and mash a couple hotkeys, but there's a helluva lot of difference between a group of CLR WAR SHM ENC MAG ROG, and a group of CLR WAR SHM ENC MAG MNK. Mainly that the second has a real puller and the first had better hope lull works.

Each class has multiple abilities and can fit multiple roles. Some are specialized, yes (clerics, anyone?) but most have utility in different areas*, and the specialized classes are the best at what they do. If your class bores you, try something with more utility.

*Doesn't apply to rangers
Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Anything after velious sucked. I would rather they just wiped everything once velious got old, which would be years from now anyway, than them putting in custom content or releasing luclin.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Luclin rocked and imo was the best thought out expac. I hope it gets considered once Velious is fully implimented. It would be Awesome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Those that think Luclin was bad have poor judgement imo. And knock great advancements it brought to this game. Making it a modern mmo with classic feel to it still. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread