Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Try wineq
Old 03-27-2019, 04:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try wineq
WinEQ isn't free. Plus, I don't really want to use a 3rd party tool if I don't have to.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try wineq
Best method if you want close to a full screen experience is WinEQ with a custom resolution in the ini like 1890x950 or something. The window will pretty much cover everything but the taskbar and you still get a lot of viewable area.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WinEQ isn't free. Plus, I don't really want to use a 3rd party tool if I don't have to.
WinEQ is free and it makes the game more stable, auto sets core affinity, locks gamma, and lets you set background FPS so you can tab over to something else while you run across DL without plummeting to the earth from the low background FPS.

I'd never go back to EQ without it.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Kobold

I will consider it. Do you have a download link? The ones I found point to a paid program. Also, if anyone has any other fixes besides using wineq, I'd like to know.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:00 PM
Aviak

WinEQ2 has a paid version and a free version. Here's a link for the free download.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Old 03-27-2019, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the link. From what I've read about it though, I will probably just stick to setting the video mode in-game as a workaround. I am just surprised there's not been a fix for this issue in the 3 years since the thread was created. :/ It's a serious problem if you play in full-screen mode. If the screen goes to desktop at the wrong time, you can die easily (happened to me a few times).
Last edited by deven1313; 03-27-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Old 04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the link. From what I've read about it though, I will probably just stick to setting the video mode in-game as a workaround. I am just surprised there's not been a fix for this issue in the 3 years since the thread was created. :/ It's a serious problem if you play in full-screen mode. If the screen goes to desktop at the wrong time, you can die easily (happened to me a few times).
I think a lot of people have just accepted that the client is temperamental at best in fullscreen mode. It's a pretty old piece of software at this point. If you are completely opposed to using WinEQ I'd try my above suggestion about making a custom window resolution that will cover your entire desktop to give you a close to full screen experience without the inevitable crashes that come from tabbing out of full screen mode or other resolution related issues. It'll work on the stock client. I think 'windowed mode' conjures up the picture of a little 1280x800 box in the middle of your monitor for some people, definitely doesn't have to be that way.
Last edited by Champion_Standing; 04-01-2019 at 04:19 PM..